Job Title: Human Resource Generalist - Employee Relations
Location: Bryn Mawr, PA
Bryn Mawr Medical Specialists Association (BMMSA), a large multi-specialty medical practice, is in search of an HR Generalist with a focus on Employee Relations, to join our Bryn Mawr, PA team. BMMSA is comprised of more than 450 dedicated physicians, clinical and administrative staff working under a private practice business model.
This position will support the head of Human Resources in all aspects of administrative and strategic HR functions including, but not limited to employee relations, health and welfare benefits, FMLA, employee engagement, policies and procedures, HRIS, compensation, performance management, training, recruiting, and on-boarding. The primary responsibility (approximately 50%) of the HR Generalist role will be employee relations. This is a full time in-office position located in Bryn Mawr, PA.
The salary range for this position is $65,000--$75,000/yr.
If you have a knack for resolving workplace issues and ensuring a positive workplace culture, we want to hear from you.
- Handle employee relations issues, including conflict resolution, grievances, disciplinary actions, policy enforcement, and terminations.
- Ensure compliance with local and national regulations and applicable employment laws.
- Maintain knowledge of all applicable leave and accommodation laws including the FMLA, ADA, and state and local laws.
- Investigate complaints brought forward by employees.
- Keep up-to-date with the latest HR trends and best practices.
- Explain and provide information on employee benefits, advise on benefit needs, and help resolve benefit issues.
- Support performance management needs by providing coaching and feedback.
- Assist with employee development and performance improvements plans.
- Handle all administrative onboarding tasks including meeting with new hires to collect and review new hire paperwork, review benefits information, answer questions, and ensure an exceptional first-day experience.
- Provide policy and procedure guidance and interpretation to employees and business leaders.
- Maintain employee records, track HR metrics, and produce reports utilizing the HRIS system.
- Assist in administering health and welfare benefits, compensation, and employee performance programs.
- Handle the FMLA leave administration process from the employee’s initial notice of the need for leave to the return to work. This includes gathering and completing all required paperwork, determining leave eligibility, designating leave as FMLA-qualifying, requesting medical certification as needed, and accounting for intermittent and reduced schedule leave use.
- Advise managers and employees on the interaction of leave laws with paid time off and disability benefits.
- May be needed to assist with the recruitment process.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, ethics, and cultural awareness.
- Thorough knowledge of HR procedures and policies.
- Exceptional conflict resolution, negotiation, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
- Excellent interpersonal relationship building and employee coaching skills.
- Exhibits strong decision-making skills with a deep understanding of employee and business relationships.
- Comfortable navigating grey areas.
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable to changing workflow demands.
- Ability to meet deadlines while working in a fast paced and demanding work environment.
- Must be detailed oriented, organized, able to work independently, and able to prioritize work effectively.
- Ability to handle confidential information with great sensitivity and exercise sound judgement.
- Knowledge of HRIS and ability to learn new technical systems.
- Five plus years of experience in a human resources position.
- Proven experience in an HR generalist role with a focus on employee relations.
- Strong knowledge of employment laws and regulations.
- Knowledge of ADP system preferred.
- High School diploma or equivalent required; College degree is preferred.
- HR certification (e.g., PHR, SPHR) is a plus.
- Must be able to work onsite in office located in Bryn Mawr, PA.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package, including:
- Competitive salary
- Health and dental insurance
- Retirement plans (401K and Profit Sharing)
- Paid time off (vacation, sick, and holiday time)
- Life and Disability Insurance
All Bryn Mawr Medical Specialists Association employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $65,000.00 - $75,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Paid jury duty
- Parental leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Bryn Mawr, PA 19010: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Human Resources: 5 years (Required)
- Employee relations: 3 years (Required)
Work Location: In person