Autoliv is currently looking to fill the role of a Development Engineer focusing on Steering Wheel business for GM customer. This position will be filled at the Technical Center in Auburn Hills, MI. The role entails being responsible for Project Development; Lead, execute and support various project activities during technical critical phases of awarded programs. The Engineer will be responsible for the product validation per customer requirements in time to support production launch. Develop designs that are aligned with the customer needs and Autoliv’s product/process roadmap. Other responsibilities include:
- Design / DMFEA / Drawings / Validation according to Autoliv Product Development Standard AS100 while ensuring first time quality (Winning looks like a flawless launch of a product that we can produce easily, delights the customer, and makes target EBIT).
- Creating / Validating Product Design for Steering Wheel and Driver Airbag
- Working with the customer to negotiate styling vs. Autoliv standard design/processes.
- Balance between easy to manufacture and meeting customer needs.
- Understanding customer specifications and ensuring product is designed/validated accordingly.
- Driving the design to meet 1P1P expectations.
- Support all prototype part builds both internally and at the customer, as required.
- Support customer engineering and manufacturing plants as required.
- Attends, supports and participate in Feasibility Design and Engineering reviews.
A Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering with minimum 3-5 years experience in automotive engineering/product development.
- Prior experience with Steering Wheels and Driver Airbags preferred
- Ability to apply GD&T on Drawings
- Ability to understand manufacturing needs: die cast, RIM, Injection Molding, Stamping, Assembly.
- Prior experience in various projects that include Class ‘A’ automotive interior components (i.e. instrument panels, consoles, door panels, shift knobs, seating, etc.) preferred.
- Ability to travel average of 25% both nationally and internationally
- English required; Spanish speaking language skill preferred
Job Type: Full-time
- engineering: 3 years (Required)