Heart 2 Heart strives to provide the highest quality of safety, care, service, and education for Children ages 6 weeks to 5 years old.
Days/Hours: Monday thru Friday / 10 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. - Must be willing to drive in all weather conditions.
Description: Behind the success of every classroom leader is a dynamic team of Teachers Assistant. The Teacher Assistant must be motivated to get any job done with high level of enthusiasm, efficiency, and organization. The ideal candidate should function as an integral part of a team of educators in implementing lesson plans and creating a warm, welcoming and positive classroom environment.
- Organizing and lead activities designed to promote physical, mental and social development, such; as games, arts and crafts, music and movement, storytelling.
- Attend to children's basic needs such as hygiene, meal times and potty, including supervising meal times, nap, potty time, playground times, organized and free play
- Providing a variety of materials and resources for children to explore, manipulate and use both in learning activities and in imaginative play.
- Assesses developmental needs of children and works to incorporate individual students’ learning.
- Providing a safe and stable environment for children to learn and play. Keeping the classroom activities and toys clean, neat and orderly.
- Ensures that all class bulletin boards are current and provides the parents with an overview of the material taught in class, with the guidance the Lead teacher.
- Attends all required staff meetings, workshops, and/or school functions as determined by the Director
- Must be physically able to lift a minimum of 40 pounds, and work indoors and outdoors. Must be able to assume postures in low level to allow physical and visual contact with Children, see and hear well enough to keep children safe, and engage in physical activity with children.
- Basic computer skills.
The ideal candidate:
- Has a love for children and a strong desire to make a difference everyday.
- An understanding of child growth and development.
- The ability to multi-task and deal with a variety of situations calmly and peacefully as they occur.
- An excellent work ethic: to be responsible, reliable and dependable.
- To be organized, clean and neat.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Experience in child care educational setting preferred.
- Must have good communication skills and work well in a team.
- 10 paid holidays
- 2 weeks' vacation time
- 1 week sick
- Rewarding work
- Job security
- Professional development opportunities
Job Type: Full-time
- Child Care Center: 1 year (Preferred)
- Nannying or Babysitting: 1 year (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)