Ignite your Passion, Live the Y Cause
The Hilltop Family YMCA offers a competitive salary and benefits package as well as the opportunity to impact the lives of the people we serve. We strive to draw the most talented leaders to make an impact each day in the Richmond and West Contra Costa Communities. We invite individuals who are motivated servant leaders to apply to be an active, inspiring part of our team.
Would you like to share your passion for youth development? Would you like to use your knowledge and skills to provide successful youth programs? As the Youth and Family Director, you will build relationships, instill confidence, and provide opportunities for growth and improvement by planning, coordinating and implementing youth programs, sports leagues, and special events open to all members. Through your leadership, instruction, and motivation you will ensure members experience high quality youth programs that build strong youth and families.
As a team member, you will be responsible for assisting in the planning of curriculum and coordinating class schedules with other staff and programs to enhance participation levels and meet the goals and objectives of the youth and family department.
Are you a good fit?
- Hold aBachelor’s degree and/or two years related knowledge and experience.
- Experience in supervision, fiscal management, program development, staff and volunteer development.
- Experience in planning, organizing, and implementing age-appropriate/developmentally appropriate program activities.
- Demonstrated skills in customer service, public relations, organizational skills, communications, supervision, computer knowledge, and file maintenance.
- Experience running youth programs such camp. Sports,and arts
- Excellent public speaking, written, and verbal skills
Essential Functions In this position you will be able to use your skills to:
Create and manage programs:
- Establish new program activities and expand programs within the community in alignment with our strategic and operating plans.
- Manage and implement the approved program budget.
- Compile program statistics to monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of and participation in all programs.
Provide quality results:
- Administer program evaluations of all classes and leagues.
- Develop and assist in the marketing and distribution of program information, and organize and schedule program registrations.
- Meet performance measurements in annual giving, major gifts, and/or endowment by telling the Y story and raising charitable dollars to fulfill our mission.
- Develop relationships with local school districts and community leaders to ensure available programming space and facilities, and to assist in sponsoring youth programs/events.
- Respond to all member and community inquiries and complaints in a timely manner.
- Work in collaboration with senior management to review and evaluate staff performance.
- Recruit, hire, train, develop, schedule and direct staff and volunteers as needed.
What we offer:
- Full-time, exempt position
- Excellent benefits package – Employer paid medical, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, Y retirement plan (100% paid after two years of service), employee funded pre-tax health and child care spending accounts
- Generous paid time off with vacation, sick and holiday leave
- YMCA membership
Please send resume and cover letter to aattride at ymcaeastbay.org
The Y.™ For a Better Us.
Job Type: Full-time