Full Job Description
SPECIAL EVENTS AND FUNDRAISING INTERN
Internship Description: This position will acquaint you with the inner workings of Special Events, Gala preparation, production management and fundraising. You’ll also have the opportunity to learn Raiser’s Edge - one of the top 5 donor management and fundraising platforms used in the nonprofit sector.
Database tasks include data entry, updating addresses, list maintenance, managing mailings and assisting with event production. Other tasks include proofing collateral for mailings, executing daily administrative tasks.
The intern will work primarily with The Director of Special Events and Annual Giving to assist with all aspects of fundraising for our Annual Gala, The Evening of Readings and Gala Dinner Dance on April 20, 2020.
Qualifications: We are accepting resumes from individuals currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program in New York City. Special consideration will be given to recent graduates.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Highly motivated and able to work independently or part of a team
- Must possess a keen attention to detail, following up on assigned tasks and reliable.
- Experience using Microsoft Excel
- A desire to learn or experience with Raiser’s Edge or other fundraising databases, is a plus.
- Experience working in a nonprofit fundraising environment or fast paced office
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite and Google Drive
Hours: Applicants are asked to commit a minimum of 15 hours a week (five hours per day) to the internship.
Start date: Immediately until April 24, 2020
Compensation: This is an unpaid/volunteer internship. MetroCard reimbursement is provided. And class credit.
To Apply: Please send a Personal bio and resume along with one short writing sample. Resumes without a personal bio and writing sample will not be accepted. Please use the subject line “Special Events Intern” Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted by email.
Literacy Partners aims to break the cycles of poverty and illiteracy for this generation and those to come. Through our free adult literacy classes, New Yorkers gain the skills they need to succeed in their education, at work, at home, and in their families. https://literacypartners.org/
We are committed to diversity and a proud Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees
Job Type: Internship
Salary: $0.00 /hour
- United States (Preferred)
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Innovative -- innovative and risk-taking
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
This Job Is:
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more