Conference and Meeting Services Meeting Planner is accountable for the planning, coordination and delivery of Prudential Financial’s meetings and conferences ranging in size from 15 to 400+ people. Meetings and conferences are held on premise on the Prudential Newark Campus, and off premise domestically. Some travel required.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- On premise site knowledge and off premise site research and recommendation to business partners and/or senior executives
o Responsible for overall logistical details for on premise meetings and conferences, including space assignments, database management, and special event planning
o Liaise between meeting stakeholders, vendors, registration, procurement and operations teams; understand and interpret meeting objectives and navigate event planning processes on behalf of the meeting sponsor
- Review, manage and negotiate contracts with off-site venues and event vendors; leverage cost savings when applicable (production, event décor, entertainment, transportation, team-building, IT, special supplies/materials, etc…)
- Budget development and management
- Coordination, planning and supervision of meeting and conference logistical details, and on-site execution
This individual has key responsibility for ensuring compliance with the Enterprise Corporate Travel Policy for all meetings and conferences. This individual acts in an advisory role with our business partners, including senior-level executives, in interpreting these guidelines.
- Minimum of four (4) years prior corporate meeting and conference planning experience.
- Possess extensive understanding of hospitality industry, how it operates, how it is organized and how to manage through the system efficiently and effectively.
- Understanding of the Insurance and Financial Services and IRS regulations as they relate to meetings and conferences a plus.
- The successful candidate must have a proven track record in the following areas:
o Management and development of all logistical components associated with meetings and conferences.
o On-site leadership of meetings and conferences.
o Evaluation and procurement of outside resources within budget.
o Development and ongoing management of meeting/conference budgets and reconciliation.
o Negotiation of vendor agreements.
o Work strategically to best utilize internal/on premise space and resources
o Collaboration with teams in the development and delivery of meetings and conferences.
o Ability to cultivate strong relationships with key business partners and vendors.
o Persuasive communication skills and ability to exercise diplomacy consistently.
- Strong organization and time management skills; ability to remain flexible and prioritize effectively; capacity to manage multiple priorities meeting deadlines and responding to changing priorities.
- The successful candidate must have demonstrated the following competencies:
o Judgment and problem-solving skills to resolve unique and/or unanticipated problems.
o Effective verbal and written communications.
o Maintain composure and professionalism during stressful situations.
o Creativity and effective strategic thinking. Ability to “think outside the box” and be a change agent.
o Initiative, strong work ethic and ownership of work.
o High ethical standards; ability to maintain integrity in questionable situations.
o Ability to make sound decisions.
- Team player, but able to work independently with limited direct supervision.
- Actively involved in the meetings/hospitality profession, with established professional relationships with vendors.
- Certified Meeting Professional (CMP) preferred
- Personal computer skills including proficiency in Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Working knowledge of Cvent or other online meeting management applications a plus, with the expectation the successful candidate will complete training within two months and mastery of the system within six months.
- Flexibility to work additional hours when needed.
- Travel required. Weekend and holiday travel will be necessary at times.
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about doing business with Prudential.
Job Function Procurement
Primary Location United States-New Jersey-Newark