The BMC function has an important role to play in helping to achieve EY’s Vision 2020 ambition to become the leading global professional services organization. We work hand in hand with the business to take services and solutions to market; bring our purpose, building a better working world, to life for our people, clients and communities; engage our people and build a high performing culture; and to build the commercial value and emotional resonance of the EY brand.
BMC is led globally by Karen Hopkins. The function is made up of around 2,000 professionals, working across the Executive and Regions in the following areas of specialism: Brand; Marketing; PR/Media Relations & External Communications; Internal Communications &Employee Engagement; Corporate communications.
BMC also includes a number of teams who are responsible for content development, editorial, webcasts, events-staging, strategy, planning and operations. Through the collective power of BMC, and the other teams and specialists we work with, we aim to build a better working world by driving commercial value through distinctive marketing and communications that deliver measurable market impact.
The Brand, Marketing and Communications Supervising Associate – Global Talent position has responsibility for supporting the design, development and management of the internal and/or external communications initiatives for Global Talent programs. This position supports quality, management and success of strategic communications initiatives and focuses on coordinating specific marketing and strategic communications activities that engage our 270,000 people across the globe.
Your key responsibilities
In this role, you will support the development of collateral, online experiences and social media for Global Talent communication initiatives. You will be responsible for project management and execution of multi-channel campaigns and also participate in functional/internal client programs and networking meetings as required. You will also assist in managing the budget for communications initiatives.
Skills and attributes for success
- Strong writing skills: the ability to identify content, engage with subject matter experts, write articles on content, secure the appropriate reviews and approvals, and edit as needed
- Strong internal client-facing skills: working with various stakeholders across all Areas, Regions and Service Lines to develop a marketing plan/content for communications for the specific client group
- Good internal networking skills: the ability to create productive relationships with internal resources such as CSG, GDS and IT to help develop and implement communications initiatives
- Strong transactional skills: needed to manage SCORE process, PoliteMail distributions, updates communications calendars, work with DNA editors to implement communications initiatives
To qualify for the role you must have
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated teamwork skills
- Excellent project management skills
- Demonstrated understanding of advanced principles and concepts for communication and marketing
- Ability to work independently on marketing activities, sometimes managing the work of others
Ideally, you’ll also have
- The ability to Project manage medium/large marketing initiatives, generally under the direction of the leader
- A Bachelor’s degree with a marketing or communications major or equivalent experience
- A Minimum of 5 + years of experience, marketing experience is required
What we look for
We’re looking for a motivated, high energy individual who is passionate about our content: someone who wants to become a content expert and share inspiring stories about our people and the exceptional EY experience. As content launches you may need to have flexibility in working hours to meet deadlines.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark.