Senior Civil/Structural Designer
Our client is a successful Engineering, Design and Project Management Company headquartered in Southern California. They have nearly 40 years of experience in effective System Planning, Engineering, and Coordinating of energy, process, utility, and water resource facilities.
They are seeking a Lead Designer with Civil/Structural background to be responsible for the development of detailed design and construction drawings for projects. Typical design elements include grading and surfacing, equipment foundations, pipe supports, platforming, and associated civil/structural systems. Candidates must have the ability to work independently on multiple small projects and/or lead a team on larger projects. The position requires the ability to work closely with engineers and designers from all disciplines, as well as directing the work of the Civil / Structural design team. A broad understanding of all aspects of civil and structural design is required.
A qualified candidate for the Lead Civil Designer must have:
- 7-10 years of experience in the design of structural and civil elements of projects in the Oil and Gas Industry
- A strong proficiency with Autodesk products, including AutoCAD, Civil 3D, Revit.
- The ability to work within a 3-D CAD environment
- A strong working knowledge of site layout, grading, storm water design and permitting.
- The ability to create clear and concise construction drawings for typical project elements including ground improvements, grading and drainage, concrete foundations with location plans and structural steel supports and platforms.
- The ability to organize construction documents from beginning to end with little to minor direction.
- A thorough understanding of codes and regulatory requirements for the design of the elements listed above.
- The experience to perform a thorough quality control review of construction documents.
- The skill to manage the project budget and schedule as well as prioritizing assignments
- Effective communications with other team members.
- Experience with Navisworks, Plant 3D and Recap a plus.
Apply now for immediate and confidential consideration!
PTS Staffing offers a comprehensive benefits package for qualified employees which includes Medical (with employer contribution), Dental, Vision, 401k program (with employer matching), direct deposit, and the option to accrue PTO
PTS is an Equal Opportunity Employer