Edgewater Federal Solutions is a privately held government contracting firm located near Frederick, MD. The company was founded in 2002 with the vision of being highly recognized and admired for supporting customer missions through employee empowerment, exceptional services, and timely delivery. Edgewater is ISO 9001, 20000-1, 27001 certified, appraised at CMMI Level 3 Maturity for Development and Services, and has been named in the Top Workplaces in the Greater Washington Area Small Companies for 2018, 2019, 2020, and 2021.
Edgewater Federal Solutions is currently seeking a Senior .NET Developer to provide support to the EHSS AU IT Support contract located in Germantown, MD. This position is seeking a talented, professional Software Engineer to join a proficient development team supporting The Department of Energy, in Germantown, MD. Candidate will be developing and enhancing web applications.
- Developing and refining requirements to translate them into functional specs.
- Design, build and maintain efficient, reusable, secure, and reliable code.
- Develop effective solutions for data mapping and data translation.
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications.
- Develop unit tests.
- Participate in peer code review and code refactoring as part of development process.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Mentor other team members.
- Lead software architecture discussions.
- Investigate and recommend technologies to improve technology stack.
- Recommend ways to improve the software development process.
- Recommend when to make upgrades to avoid software end of life risks.
What You Need for this Position
- 8+ years of progressive development experience, focused on data-oriented business applications.
- Solid understanding with the ASP.NET framework, SQL Server, and design/architectural patterns.
- BS degree in software/technical based field.
- Hands-on experience leading development in Frontend frameworks like Angular, Aurelia or React.
- Hands-on experience leading development with C#, Visual Studio, and MS toolsets.
- Hands-on experience leading development with Internet Information Services (IIS) 7.0 or higher.
- Hands-on experience leading development with Visual Studios 2017 or higher.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent English-language oral and written communication skills and interpersonal skills.
Nice to have:
- Strong experience with Agile methodology, and use of development tools such as GitHub.
- Strong experience with DevOps disciplines and toolsets.
- Experience with the Frontend framework Aurelia.
- Experience with Typescript.
- Ability to handle multiple simultaneous streams of work.
- Working as top-tier support engineer.
- Experience working with a component library for maintaining consistent branding.
It has been and continues to be the policy of Edgewater Federal Solutions to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, and/or other status protected by applicable law.
Due to the COVID-19 Pandemic, as a condition of employment, all employees are required to be fully vaccinated. An employee is considered fully vaccinated two weeks after receiving the second dose of a two-dose COVID-19 vaccine or one week after receiving a single-dose COVID-19 vaccine. All newly hired employees will be required to provide proof of vaccination.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
Work Location: One location