MARINE DIESEL MECHANIC-1056183
KBRwyle Prepositioning and Marine Corps Logistics Services (P&MCLS) program is based in Jacksonville, Florida. We provide maintenance and logistics services to the U.S. Marine Corps (USMC) and U.S. Navy.
We are seeking a Marine Diesel Mechanic for our Jacksonville, Florida location.
This position performs duties involving the dismantling, repairing, relocating, modifying, maintaining, aligning, overhauling and installing of a wide variety of marine machinery, equipment, and systems (i.e., propulsions machinery, anchor handling gear, etc.). Provides technical assistance, guidance, or training to lower level mechanics. Assists higher level mechanics. Performs other tasks as assigned.
· High school graduate or equivalent.
· Five years of directly related work experience.
· U.S. Citizen.
- Ability to obtain and maintain Military Base Access.
- Ability to obtain a Favorable Government Public Trust Investigation
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Common Access Card.
- Complete Diesel Mechanic apprenticeship or trade school.
- Completion of military “C” school for Marine Diesel Engines or equivalent.
- Ability to use a wide variety of hand tools.
- Working knowledge of the mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic systems and components of diverse marine machinery and their attachments.
- Detailed knowledge of the operating characteristics of the involved machinery, equipment, systems and their functional relationships and the applicable installation and repair procedures, methods, and trade practices.
- Ability to read and interpret symbols, layout sheets, diagrams, schematics, technical orders, and manufacturer’s specifications.
- Ability to comply with all established methods, quality standards, and time schedules applicable to this position.
Job Procurement & Materials