Position Description and Summary
Master Wings Publishing, a small press based out of Chicago, Illinois, was founded in 2013 and currently has four released titles. Master Wings dedicates itself to the creation and promotion of exceptional stories that inspire, educate, and last. Publications under the Master Wings brand draw from a variety of genres and consistently elevate individuals and institutions to provide not only entertainment but also unique insight. As our catalog of titles grows, we’re seeking a Publishing Sales Consultant to build our network and increase our sales. The ideal candidate possesses the vision, willingness and personal commitment to do what it takes to get the job done and to achieve results.
Essential Position Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred or equivalent years of work experience
- Background in writing and/or history and/or military preferred
- Ability to gain an in-depth understanding of Master Wing’s complete portfolio
- Must possess a high degree of business acumen and professionalism and be able to correspond with people of all types of backgrounds and varying levels of experience and education
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with and influence others
- Superb interpersonal skills, including the ability to quickly build rapport with both customers and suppliers
- Must be confident, creative, dependable, organized, results-focused and able to multitask with precision and minimal supervision
- Ability to recognize and seize opportunities to sell new services to assigned accounts
- Ability to recognize and proactively correct service issues, if /when they arise, to maintain a positive supplier relationship and exceed service expectations of assigned clients
- Experience writing, negotiating and/or reviewing contracts or proposals beneficial.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft products, Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Outlook. Be able to create professional documents from start to finish in Word & PowerPoint and fully understand Excel.
- Proficiency in Constant Contact
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills Assigned Responsibilities and Duties
- Manage the entire sales process from identifying prospects, face to face meetings, to answering questions
- Performing cost-benefit analyses of existing and potential customers
- Selling products and services using solid arguments to prospective customers
- Establish, develop, and maintain positive business relationships to ensure future sales
- Coordinate sales effort with team members and other departments
- Analyze the territory/market’s potential, track sales and status reports
- Supply management with reports on customer needs, problems, interests, competitive activities, and potential for new products and services
- Keep abreast of best practices and promotional trends
- Maintains historical records on area and customer sales
- Conducting correspondence and outreach to assigned accounts by phone, email and onsite visits when appropriate
- Generating and pursuing sales leads, as well as capitalizing on existing connections
- Negotiating with assigned accounts for implementing new services
- Tracking correspondence and sales results
- Maintaining close communication with the management team to discuss sales updates and review results based on monthly/quarterly/yearly sales goals
- Providing regular reports to your key points of contact for each assigned account showing recent sales and service updates
- Other duties as assigned.
Job Type: Contract