Job ID 57034
Position Location US-FL-Maitland
Facility Name Consulate Health Care - Maitland
Job Category Administration
Position Status FT (Full Time)
Purpose of Your Job Position
As a Consulate employee, you are entrusted with the responsibility of carrying out your daily tasks and assigned duties while demonstrating Consulate’s Core Values of Compassion, Honesty, Integrity, Respect and Passion. You are expected to provide innovative, responsible results with the creation and implementation of new ideas and concepts that continually improve systems and processes to achieve superior results. The primary purpose of the position is to perform all front-office administrative duties that are key to the successful operation of the office; ensuring that all administrative and clerical functions are completed on a daily basis and the needs of the office are met within a timely manner.
As Receptionist / Administrative Assistant you are delegated the administrative authority, responsibility, and accountability necessary for carrying out your assigned duties. Your primary responsibilities include greeting visitors, answering phone calls, and serving as a communication conduit between the public and other office staff. You will be exposed to all levels of management, both internally and externally, to provide support and coordinate duties as they are assigned. Excellent customer service is required at all times. No supervisory function. This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time, for any reason.
Duties and Responsibilities
Facilitating Visitor Check-In and Check-Out
- Welcome visitors upon their arrival. Provide check-in instructions for the visitor log book and directions for where to wait until their appointment.
- Inform the appropriate staff members of visitor arrivals. Enforce that visitors are greeted and escorted by a staff member to their meeting destination and escorted back to the front desk at the end of the appointment.
- Monitor waiting room activity to ensure visitor comfort.
Scheduling Appointments and Communication
- Answer, screen, and direct telephone calls (multiple lines) and e-mails from the public and business associates.
- Provide general information via phone or e-mail about the company to the public.
- Take and pass on accurate messages to staff.
- Contact suppliers or business associates upon request.
- Facilitate location of office staff on the premises through visitor log.
- Receive or direct general deliveries.
- Process incoming and outgoing mail to include FEDEX, UPS, USPS, etc.
- Photocopy, fax, and scan documents for scheduled meetings and as requested.
- Provide clerical / administrative support and perform special projects as assigned by Corporate Office Manager.
- Coordinate and arrange meetings as directed by Corporate Office Manager. Provide set up for conference rooms by providing equipment, supplies and other needed arrangements.
- Maintain communication with the Corporate Office Manager to correlate office arrangements and minimize conflict. Communicate throughout the day with the Corporate Office Manager regarding any office / vendor issues.
- Work with Corporate Office Manager to ensure all equipment such as fax machines, copiers, telephones, work order requests, shred it bins, etc., are maintained.
- Maintain the reception area, mailroom and conference rooms.
- Order and maintain office supplies.
- Open and close the office according to posted hours of operation.
- Contact emergency services when required and facilitate their access to the facility. Contact Corporate Office Manager immediately after placing emergency calls.
- Demonstrate respect and compassion in every interaction.
- Conduct oneself with the highest degree of honesty and integrity in every interaction.
- Demonstrate a passion for caring as evidenced by interaction with co-workers and visitors.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- The Front Desk staff are required to wear Professional Business Attire (participation in casual Friday is allowed and staff may wear jeans).
- Follow established safety regulations to include fire/protection/prevention, smoking regulation, infection control, etc.
- Follow established ergonomics policies and procedures governing lifting techniques, repetitive tasks, and the use of the safety and supplies to prevent work related injuries and illness.
- Is subject to frequent interruptions.
- Is involved with personnel, visitors, vendors and government agencies/personnel, etc., under all conditions and circumstances.
- May be required to work beyond normal working hours.
- Attends and participates in continuing educational programs.
- May be subject to hostile and emotionally upset personnel, visitors, etc.
- Is involved with personnel, visitors, government agencies, vendors etc., under all conditions and circumstances.
- Secondary Education Diploma or GED equivalent and previous experience.
- Must posses at least one year experience.
- Must be able to work independently
- Must possess excellent interpersonal, coordinating, and organizational skills
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks at one time.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language and posses good communication skills.
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action.
- Must be a supportive team member, contribute to and be an example of teamwork and team concept.
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, visitors, government agencies/personnel, and the general public.
- Must not pose a direct threat to the health or safety to other individuals in the workplace.
Physical and Sensory Requirements
- Must be able to move intermittently throughout the workday.
- Must be able to speak and write the English language in an understandable manner; Bi-lingual (English-Spanish) a plus.
- Must be able to cope with the mental and emotional stress of the position.
- Must be able to see and hear or use prosthetics that will enable these senses to function adequately to ensure that the requirements of this position can be fully met.
- Must function independently and have flexibility, personal integrity, and the ability to work effectively with personnel and support agencies.
- Must meet the general health requirements set forth by the policies of the company, which include a medical and physical examination.
- Must be able to relate to and work with difficult and sometimes hostile people, either in person or on the phone.
- Must be able to push, pull, move, and/or lift a minimum of 10 pounds, without assistance.