Powe Studio Architects has an opportunity in ourCharlottesville, VA studio for a technically experienced project architect witha minimum of 8 years of experience in, and a passion for detailing complex mid-risefacilities, to join our design team to lead production of hotel, multifamilyand urban mixed-use projects in Charlottesville, VA, Washington, DC and the Mediterranean,generating design detailing in close collaboration with our Design Principal.
An idealcandidate to join our team in this project leadership role would have thefollowing qualifications:
· Professional architecture degree (5 year orMasters program)
· Licensed Architect preferred, NCARBcertified at plus
· Minimum of 8 years design development and constructiondocuments
· Passion for detailing complex facilities, detailingmultifamily and mixed-use facilities
· Hotel design development & production experiencea plus
· Skill in Revit, with Lumion rendering experiencea plus
· Significant expertise in building codes andregulations
· Experience working in metric a plus, for ourEuropean work
· LEED accreditation and/or PassivHaus experiencealso a plus
· Collaborative approach to design and technicalexcellence
We areseeking a project architect with a passion for detailing buildings which willmake a significant positive impact on urban places and who has an understandingthat building detailing is crucial to design excellence, in addition to being arigorous technical discipline
Please emaila letter of introduction addressing your relevant experience and expertise, adetailed resume highlighting your education, past projects experience and workhistory, compensation expectations, and a brief portfolio of your work (10 mgsmax or dropbox link) to Greg Powe, AIA, Principal, Powe Studio Architects.No phone calls please.
Powe Studio Architects focuses much of its practice on the design ofcontemporary contextual urban mixed-use and historic adaptive reuse projects,primarily in Central Virginia and the National Capitol Region through our boutiqueCharlottesville, VA studio. Our currentwork includes luxury and affordable multifamily residential and urban mixed-usefacilities in Charlottesville and Washington, DC. We are also designing a Mediterraneanseaside village including a waterfront hotel and mixed-use buildings,townhomes, villas and a golf club.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $60,000.00 to $80,000.00 /year