Specialty Manufacturing is a division of Arrow International, Inc., headquartered in Cleveland, OH, is the world's largest, full-line manufacturer of bingo, pull-tabs and related charitable and social gaming products. Arrow has 50 years of industry experience with facilities in the US, Canada, Mexico and the UK. We provide the highest quality gaming products and the most reliable service in the industry to our valued customers, through a worldwide network of distributors.
Position Overview: We’re looking for a talented Graphic Designer with great design skills to join our team of artists to create graphics for game tickets and supporting material from concept to prepress ready art.
Essential Job Functions:
- Create and design concepts and artwork for pull-tab games and supporting material, mainly using Adobe Illustrator.
- Brainstorm and develop new game concepts.
- Create original and attractive spot illustrations for use in game tickets.
- Responsible for graphic design, illustration, and creation of prepress ready art.
- Proofread work to ensure accuracy and completion for handoff to production departments. Makes changes and/or corrections as needed.
- Must be a team player and able to present ideas and artwork for review, and take direction from Design and Marketing Managers. Must be open and willing to making revisions and providing feedback.
- Revise and update existing games as needed.
- Adhere to various state rules and customer preferences. Create submittal artwork for state approval.
- Support and collaborate with other design team members.
- AA in Graphic Design or related field required. BA preferred.
- 2+ years of graphic design experience required, preferably in a commercial, high volume printing environment.
- Skills/Abilities Required:
- Excellent computer skills on Mac OS, Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign) and font management software essential.
- Exceptional design skills. Must be creative and innovative with a strong portfolio.
- Illustration skills: Cartooning, humorous illustration, and/or spot illustration preferable.
- Great attention to detail and understanding of brand identity.
- Strong typography skills and excellent understanding of color usage.
- Knowledge of CMYK process and spot printing.
- Image manipulation/editing skills preferred.
- Flexibility to adapt to fast-paced, changing deadlines, and balancing multiple projects.
- Must be able to work collaboratively in a team environment and also work independently, delivering a high quantity of quality artwork.
- Must love to learn and be ready to take in a lot of industry specific knowledge and apply it in your day to day work.
- Experience with web-based digital asset management a plus.
- Knowledge of Windows OS is a plus.
- Please provide work samples or link to online portfolio.
Job Type: Full-time