HonorHealth is a non-profit, local healthcare organization known for community service and outstanding medical quality. HonorHealth encompasses five acute care hospitals with approximately 11,500 employees and 4,500 volunteers, over 70 primary and specialty care practices, clinical research, medical education, an inpatient rehabilitation hospital, an Accountable Care Organization, two foundations, and extensive community services.
HonorHealth is a leader in medical innovation, talent and technology with a genuine commitment to your growth. The health system's vibrant careers take place in an environment filled with opportunity and respect because we see the HONOR in you.
Vocational/Specialized training such as related coursework, seminars or certifications. Food Handlers Card Required
1 year Related Required
Other Experience in truck driving, receiving/warehouse. Required
Licenses and Certifications
Food handlers Card Required
Receives deliveries, rotates and puts away stock, inspects food, completes and prepares orders for the buyer, completes weekly inventories that are used to generate orders for food and supply items based on pars and department needs. Ensures compliance with Food Service Standards, Regulatory Agencies, Food Safety/HACCP. Fills requisitions and issues supplies to Department and hospital areas. Drives hospital vehicle for delivery of meals and supplies. Inventories supplies on hand. Monitors cleaning and sanitation standards.
- Receives deliveries. Verifies items with invoice and receiving sheet.
- Inspects stock items upon delivery. Verifies compliance with product grades and purchasing standards. Ensures compliance with contract specifications.
- Investigates variances, unusual conditions and reports findings to Coordinator or Buyer.
- Puts away and rotates stock. Ensures that all foods are stored properly and within regulation for Food Service, state and county health regulations and Fire Department codes.
- Inventories supplies on hand and places orders with vendors. Assumes Buyer responsibilities as assigned. Prepares and submits month-end inventory.
- Fills food supply requisitions for outside departments and deliveries via cart or vehicle. Completes requisitions and processes for departmental costing and billing.
- Operates Food Service transportation vehicles for delivery of meals and supplies. Monitors condition and use of department vehicles. Completes maintenance logs and reports.
- Inspects all Food Service storage areas. Cleans and maintains within sanitary guidelines. Sorts and flattens boxes. Sort trash, recyclables, and transports to appropriate compactor.
- Services and cleans beverage units throughout the hospital. Reports equipment problems to supervisor.
- Monitors temperatures of all refrigerator and freezer units. Logs temperatures; immediately reports variation from standard temperature.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested