- Master's Degree
- Doctoral Degree
- Test Automation
YOUR INTERN PROGRAM EXPERIENCE
Far beyond your specific assignment, the program immerses you in business, allows you to develop cutting edge technology, and shows off your socials skills, all in-between a lot of fun! Over the 10 to 11 week period you connect with executives, learn advanced skills, participate in HackDay, and network at social events. Whether you are playing in the Intern Olympics or going to a Giants game, there is always something going on. With the San Francisco Bay Area as your playground the opportunities both inside and outside of work are endless!
- A visionary engineer or technologist with a passion for learning new technologies, programming wizardry, and translating them into working software.
- Experience with software design, development and automated testing
- Familiar with agile or other rapid application development met
- Demonstrated experience with object-oriented design and coding with variety of languages
- Understanding of XML, JSON , Web Services technologies, and, with experience in multi-threaded programming a plus
- Android, iOS, or Windows Phone development experience is strongly preferred, but not required
- Passionate about user experience
- An awesome programmer with high levels of creativity and quick solving capabilities to change the world in a huge way!
- Currently enrolled and pursuing a Bachelors, Masters, or PhD in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or a related field.
- Graduating December 2019 or later
Additional Preferred Qualifications
Please add text
The Walmart eCommerce team is rapidly innovating to evolve and define the future state of shopping. As the world’s largest retailer, we are on a mission to help people save money and live better. With the help of some of the brightest minds in technology, merchandising, marketing, supply chain, talent and more, we are reimagining the intersection of digital and physical shopping to help achieve that mission.
ABOUT SOFTWARE ENGINEER INTERNS
The teams within @WalmartLabs design, prototype and build technology-fueled products that bridge the gap between what's next and what's best. The engineering teams are grounded in the principles of open source. As an intern, you’ll have the responsibility to make a difference on a grand scale, working on code for millions of users and taking on other challenging projects. Our interns work with very small team to create new, awesome features for millions of users.
- Function as a core member of an agile team working on API specs, conducting code reviews and testing in ongoing sprints, or doing proof of concepts/automation tools
- Design and develop new customer-facing applications on multiple channels like native iOS, Android, web, social integration, java services / APIs
- Design and implement web-enabled systems for data collection
- Work on the scalability, resilience, and efficiency of backend components
- Work closely with teams across product engineering, product management and interaction design