- 8 + years BIM/CAD experience in the area of Mechanical Building Design & services
- 2+ years experience using Revit to design and coordinate large Mechanical projects
- 8+ years of building engineering and construction technology
- 5+ years in developing schematics and layout drawings and understanding the relationship between both.
- Experience taking drawings from conceptual design through construction documents.
Amazon’s Data Centers are industry leading examples of innovation in the areas of space utilization, energy efficiency, and cost effectiveness. We are known for our speed to market and reliability. We are the U.S. team responsible for the design and operation of critical industry leading Data Center facilities throughout the U.S.. Our Design Team is on the forefront of creating and delivering the most innovative products to our customers; and are known for being a diverse and upbeat team that is changing the face of Cloud Computing. We continue to grow and are looking for individuals that can support our speed to market, enjoy a challenge, and have a desire for professional growth and continuous learning. Amazon’s work environment is unique in every aspect and offers an exceptional opportunity for the right candidate. At Amazon we do highly support continued learning opportunities and focus on continued employee development.
We are looking for a Mechanical BIM/CAD Designer with hands on design experience. The successful candidate will be fully versed in BIM/Revit modelling and the delivery of permitting and construction drawings from those models.
The Mechanical BIM/CAD Designer will have proven experience and knowledge in Building Information Modelling (BIM) and will be responsible for creating & coordinating complex Mechanical models. Linking those models with all other disciplines in a single model enviroment so as to fully build our Data Centre projects digitally before breaking ground on site.
Red-lining and/or modifying new and existing plan set documentation regarding Mechanical systems is a priority. They should also have a good working knowledge of Electrical, Architectural, Civil, Structural, Fire Protection, Security Systems and/or Fire Safety discipline drawings and design.
Strong skills in Revit, AutoCAD & Navisworks software are a must.
Amazon has a global presence therefore domestic and international travel may be necessary. Team work is absolutely necessary for us to accomplish our goals. You must be able to work within a team and depend on others to accomplish the required work. This includes working with internal groups as well as external suppliers and consultants including utilities, manufacturers, vendors, and contractors.
If you are a creative, smart and driven individual that enjoys working with complex problems and in teams we want YOU!
The Mechanical BIM/CAD Designer will be responsible for the following:
- Preparing and developing detailed Revit models of Mechanical systems
- Developing/red-lining schematics and new plan set documentation for all Mechanical systems
- Updating and modifying existing models and drawing sets as required
- Managing the creation, issuing and revisions of drawings & models
- Coordination of MEP services with all other disciplines to develop clash resolved models and export coordinated drawing sets from same.
- Create and release data centre mechanical designs and collaboration in a fast paced environment to scheduled targets.
- Work with consultants, vendors and suppliers
- Work on concurrent projects in multiple geographical locations
- Work as part of an internal MEP design team
- Provide coordination support for information requests during construction phases.
- Be self-motivated and work within the group as well as within other teams
- Be positive and always offer creative, out of the box solutions
- Have fun and work hard!
- Data Center Professional Accreditation
- Excellent team composure and ability to take direction from various teams and stakeholder
- Able to prioritize work demands to meet project schedules / deadlines in a busy working environment
- Mechanical Engineering Degree
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation/Age.