Irvine Ranch Water District is accepting applications for a User Support Manager who under general direction will plan, organize, direct and supervise the activities and efficient operation of the Information Services department user support functions.
Summary of Duties
- Develop strategic plans, policies and procedures, technical standards, plans, and project schedules for personal computer and mobile device hardware, operating systems and applications, Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) telephone systems, printing devices, and audio visual systems and equipment.
- Direct and manage the design, configuration, testing, analyzing, and supporting of personal computer, mobile device, wireless access, and associated applications infrastructure.
- Keep current with updates to technology, including personal computers, mobile devices, audio- visual equipment, VoIP telephone systems, wireless access, broadband access, operating systems and desktop applications
- Review and evaluate user technology and application needs and requirements and implement solutions to improve user satisfaction.
- Direct and manage delivery of user support, including help desk application administration, aligning with best practices.
- Direct and manage operating systems, hardware and software support for personal computers, mobile devices, audio-visual equipment, VoIP telephone systems, wireless access, and printers.
- Direct and manage review of requirements and recommend selection of personal computers operating systems, desktop applications software, help desk software, personal computers, mobile devices, audio-visual equipment, VoIP telephone systems, wireless access, and printers.
- Direct and manage operating system level analysis and programming as required.
- Direct and manage support for enterprise desktop applications, including office productivity, messaging, web, backup servers, audio-visual systems, and VoIP telephone systems.
- Direct and manage preparation of personal computer, mobile device, audio visual, systems, VoIP telephone system, and desktop applications related documentation.
- Direct and manage the delivery of desktop applications training.
- Select, train and evaluate the work of assigned staff, determining job assignments, reviewing work products and provide training as necessary.
- Comply with District safety work-related practices and attend relevant safety training.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- A combination of education and experience equivalent to a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field and five years of experience, including two in a supervisory capacity, in the following areas is required: managing user and desktop applications support, including personal computers, mobile devices, personal computer and mobile device operating systems and applications software and wireless access; managing user support for Microsoft Windows operating systems, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Exchange, and help desk software.
License / Certifications Required:
- Five years' experience managing, installing and supporting Audio Visual equipment, VoIP telephone systems, and multifunction printing devices and three years of experience with Microsoft Office 365 and Microsoft MSCE (Microsoft System Certified Engineer) is desired.
- Valid Class "C" California Driver's License
For a complete job description, please visit https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/irwd/classspecs
For more information on our benefits, please visit https://www.irwd.com/about-us/retirement-and-benefits