Marketing and Communications Coordinator will support the MARCOM department by coordinating marketing and communications projects and programs, including; public relations, photography/video production, special events, social media, new business proposals and presentations and more. They will be required to coordinate marketing projects, assist in the development of collateral and support proposal production with professionalism and a focus on cultivating positive business relationships. This position will report to the Communications and Proposal Manager.
- Manage the photography and video shoot production schedule and coordinate with onsite teams and often airport authorities.
- Oversee photography and video production shoots that would involve travel throughout North America as needed.
- Manage photography library to ensure assets are available and organized.
- Support public relations efforts by proofing and editing media advisories, press releases and other related information.
- Maintain reporter and client lists for media relations and customer outreach efforts.
- Coordinate content development for corporate social media networking sites, including Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn.
- Expand SSP’s reach and create positive brand awareness across media platforms.
- Maintain website content.
- Produce monthly client newsletters including management of database, editing, photography selection and more.
- Coordinate the production of print/electronic collateral including content development, sourcing images, coordination with printer, editing. Examples include advertisements, brochures, invitations, event materials and more.
- Assist with production of corporate events that range from corporate networking receptions, cooking demonstrations and dinners throughout North America.
- Travel throughout North America to be on-site for corporate events.
- Coordinate with venue, vendors, photographers, musicians and catering on event logistics and management.
- Assist with the assembly of proposals and packaging, including but not limited to providing tracking information and confirmation of delivery.
- Design presentations that follow the proposal submittal including promotional items, collateral, food, decor and more.
- Support the proposal manager in the production of proposals as needed.
Other Operational Related Responsibilities
- Manage departmental budget by tracking budget expenditures and reconciling monthly.
- Bachelor’s degree; preferably in marketing, communications, business, public relations, English or journalism or closely related field
- 3+ years experience in marketing, communications, public relations and/or proposal development
- Comprehensive understanding of marketing and communications channels including digital, print, direct, email, events management, social media and more
- Strong writing and verbal communication along with interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to adapt, work under pressure, multitask and work additional hours as needed
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat including Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint with desktop publishing skills an added benefit
- Travel to cities across North America for photography or video shoots, proposal production, event coordination and more
Job Type: Full-time
- marketing & communications: 3 years
- coordinating photography and video shoots: 1 year
- Special Events: 1 year
- proof and editing media: 1 year
- coordinating content for social media: 1 year