The Cloud DevOps/PT/Automation Engineer is responsible for managing design and engineering activities related to cloud initiatives and the DevOps suite of tools used to deploy applications to the cloud. Work with cross functional teams to implement end to end delivery pipeline (CI/CD/CT) development and automation, develop framework enable automation for security vulnerability scan, JUnit , FT and PT regression, work with Performance Testing and Engineering team to address the issue and tuning effort.
- Regularly participates in the daily operational activities that impact important components / processes of the of the IT work function, and may include responsibilities, such as:
- Implementation of deployment operations to monitor and improve on pre-release, upgrades and current versions of software.
- Evaluating compatibility of programs with existing hardware and/or software features.
- Development of protocols to support established standards.
- Improving operation and monitoring of advanced or complex features.
- Development of processes and interface requirements.
- Data development and definition of acceptance criteria.
- Gathers and updates necessary information and communicates to appropriate parties.
- Utilizes experience in order to identify problematic relationships. Anticipates, prevents and eliminates problems and creates efficient fixes. Facilitates elimination of problems and roadblocks before they occur.
- Works cross-functionally to accomplish assignments. Interacts with internal and external peers and managers to exchange complex information related to areas of specialization.
- Mentors less experienced members of the team.
- May assist in live site support and incident resolution that may include on-call rotation.
Bachelor's degree and at least 2 years of experience in a technical engineering role, such as software development, release administration, deployment engineering, site operations, technical operations or similar OR High school / GED and at least 5 years of experience in a technical engineering role, such as software development, release organization, deployment engineering, site operations, technical operations or similar.
- Experience in Technology infrastructure, such as Network, Monitoring, Systems, Databases, etc.
- Experience establishing & maintaining relationships with individuals at all levels of the organization, in the business community & with vendors.
- Experience using time management skills such as prioritizing/organizing and tracking details and meeting deadlines of multiple projects with varying completion dates
- Experience analyzing and reporting data in order to identify issues, trends, or exceptions to drive improvement of results and find solutions.
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
Experience in a technical engineering role, such as software development, performance testing & tuning, release management, deployment engineering, site operations, technical operations, or similar.
Experience in public cloud services, preferably Microsoft Azure.
Work experience in Performance & Reliability engineering and testing
Strong knowledge in performance and scalability tuning; and capacity & migration planning for On-Prem and cloud platform
Strong knowledge and experience in working and managing Windows Server and Linux/Unix platform
Strong knowledge and experience in programming and Utility/App development
Work experience in CICD Pipeline development and automation industrial standard tools & platform - experience in Azure DevOps is preferred.
Automation knowledge in Code quality, Security, FT Automation, Performance and IaaC
Strong automation skills (tool & language agnostic) and the ability to drive initiatives to automate processes