Are you ready to create world-class software that keeps our critical space assets safe? Do you want to work in a fast-paced agile environment that can get a little rowdy at times? Do you research emerging technologies and enjoy keeping your skills sharp? Then you will love being a part of the Space Security division of LM Space in King of Prussia, PA. We want someone who is passionate about their craft, adamant about product quality and focused on our customer’s mission. We constantly measure our employee’s success and reward our top performers through salary increases, bonuses and awards.
You will have the opportunity to develop command and control capabilities to aid in the planning and execution of integrated space conflict management systems. You may also support Research and Development, unclassified and classified projects. You will be designing state-of-the-art concepts while delivering innovative and affordable capabilities in a new and emerging area of protecting USG space assets. You will be working on a mission that you can be proud of, knowing that you are making a lasting difference in the world and in space. You will also get the chance to demo for the United States Government (USG) and cross-corporation events.
You will serve as a lead software developer for a team tasked with setting up an open architecture infrastructure and developing web services and user interfaces to meet mission needs. You should have background in software architecture/design/development in a cloud computing environment, such as Amazon Web Services (AWS) or OpenStack and java development. The development environment and infrastructure will leverage 5th generation languages, platforms and COTS/FOSS use. The languages, tools and frameworks used on this program incorporates leading edge full-stack technologies such as: Kubernetes, Rancher, GitLab, Java EE, Apache Ignite, node.js, and more. Experience with System of Systems Integration via machine-to-machine interfaces and integration of COTS/FOSS/GOTS is a major plus.
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
- Current TS/SCI clearance with an SSBI within the last 5 years.
- Demonstrated experience working in Agile teams leveraging Scrum, Kanban or other methodologies and/or understanding of Agile development concepts
- Experience with test automation and continuous integration and deployment
- Experience developing and deploying apps to the cloud
- Experience in refactoring, rebuild, or redesign required during cloud migration activities
- Experience integrating disperse systems via machine-to-machine interfaces
- Experience with Open Architecture standards (e.g., OMS, UCI, etc.)
- Experience with System of Systems Integration via machine-to-machine interfaces
- Proven effective teaming skills (co-located and virtual)
- Experience developing applications on multiple platforms, e.g. Windows, Linux, OS X, etc.
- Strong background developing /debugging and/or testing of web applications and web services
- Mission Management, Resource Planning and Scheduling, Command and Control, Battle Field Management/Command and Control (BMC2) domain understanding
- Solid understanding of open architecture, cloud computing design, and security principles
- Experience designing and implementing web-based User Interfaces
- Advanced knowledge/experience with cloud technologies (e.g. Amazon Web Services or OpenStack)
- Demonstrated understanding / proficiency in application containerization (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes, etc.)
- Experienced in common DevOps methodologies and knowledgeable in tools such as Chef, Puppet, Ansible, GitLab, etc.
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Ability to communicate effectively and work in a collaborative environment
- Must be able to obtain a TS/SCI.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.