- Microsoft Office
- Event Planning
- Supervising Experience
- Microsoft Powerpoint
- Grant Writing
- Flexible Spending Account
- Dental Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Flexible Schedule
Corporate, Foundation and Government Relations
- Effectively manage a comprehensive funds development plan that will enable the timely implementation of the strategic plan and meet the ongoing financial needs of the organization
- Designs a strategic plan for corporate and foundation fundraising and provides a vision that will help to ensure and enhance Whittier Street Health Center’s standing in the community.
- Cultivates, manages, and stewards relationships with donors and prospects including individuals, corporations, foundations, and government agencies; leverage the CEO’s and other appropriate senior managers’ time in cultivating high-potential donors and prospects
- Writes and prepares high-quality proposals, grants, reports, mailings, and acknowledgements required to support ongoing fundraising activities
- Assists with developing government relations and public funding strategy, utilizing public affairs consultants where appropriate
- Designs and implements individual strategies for soliciting corporate & foundation gifts and charitable grants to support Whittier’s initiatives
- Collaborates with program managers across the Center on the development and submission of existing public sector grant proposals and new private opportunities.
- Actively researches grant opportunities that align with the Center’s Strategic Plan initiatives and operating support needs
- Provides support to the Whittier Health and Wellness Foundation Board and Community Board
- Responsibilities in the production of events will include but are not limited to volunteer recruitment, stewardship and coordination; development of printed materials; negotiating contracts, managing vendor relationships; scheduling etc.
- Identifies, solicits and stewards corporate sponsorships for the events and for maximizing individual sponsorships and ticket purchases.
- Provides leadership in planning major special events including venue planning and logistics; design, printing and mailing of invitations; corporate and individual sponsorship; table captains recruitment and coordination; support and coordination of volunteer committees, and other related areas as identified.
- Works closely with other staff on planning and logistics and support efforts to use events in identifying, cultivating and involving donors.
- Works with Development Coordinator to produce invitation, registration and sponsor lists for events and event solicitations.
- Recruits, trains and supervises volunteers and interns to assist with special event planning
- Accountable for strategic planning of events throughout year, including cultivation, fundraising and recognition of high-end donors
- Participates in defining and carrying out development objectives and priorities for entire organization
- Works with Development Consultant to research and solicit campaign prospects
- Performs other duties as requested
Marketing and Communications:
Responsible for the development and implement of the Center’s Marketing Plan to support business goals, mission and vision
Effectively promote key areas of health services, organizational strengths, and philosophical uniqueness that establish clear areas of market differentiation and initiatives to maintain the Center’s leadership as a premiere urban health center
Works collaboratively with the Center’s Public Relations Consultant and other fundraising, marketing and governmental relations consultants
Collaborates with the senior managers and Marketing Committees (Internal and External) on the development of all marketing materials (WEBSITE, annual reports, advertisement, flyers, etc) to position Whittier for success and heighten its visibility among Whittier’s constituents (funders, strategic partners, current and potential patients and donors, healthcare and human services community, public at large)
- Three to five years of advancement or related experience, showing increasing levels of responsibility in development positions.
- A solid understanding of the role of Foundation, Corporation, and Individual Giving to support a major gifts program.
- Ability to research potential sources of foundation and grant support from local and national funding sources.
- A proven track record of significantly increasing grant and special event results
- Demonstrated success planning and implementing successful (five-figure and above) special events in a nonprofit environment.
- Strong knowledge of MS Office, including Excel and PowerPoint and Raiser’s Edge.
- Demonstrated supervisory experience.
- Ability to think strategically and partner with key leadership.
- Demonstrated writing, speaking, and listening skills.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects and to initiate new ones.
- Working knowledge of Boston corporate philanthropic community and familiarity with Boston’s communities of color strongly desired.
- Ability to work effectively with corporate donors, board members, volunteers, vendors, and other staff.
Director of Development's Benefits:
- Major health & dental options
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Generous time-off
- Flexible work schedule
Job Type: Full-time
- Grant Writing: 3 years (Preferred)
- Fundraising: 3 years (Preferred)
- Event Planning: 3 years (Preferred)