CACI has an exciting opportunity for the right person to join our team as a Senior Systems Engineer in the Fort Meade, MD area. You will use your twenty (20) years’ experience will provide programmatic and systems engineering support to the fast-paced Capabilities Service Center. You'll be responsible for applying interdisciplinary engineering skills in the technical planning, systems integration, verification and validation, cost and risk and supportability and effectiveness analyses for complex solutions or products. These solutions or products typically encompass non-information technology related engineering or scientific disciplines and may require hardware, aerospace, communications, cyber, electrical, manufacturing, mechanical, or other specialized engineering domain knowledge. Analyses are performed at all levels of total system product to include: concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal. Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints. Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, and detailed trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into technical specifications. This is a highly visible role an excellent opportunity for professional growth!
What YOU’LL get to do: **
- Assist in preparing and maintaining operations documentation, user guides and manuals and technical publications.
- Understand basic concepts (to include basic grammar concepts), responsible for writing technical copy for various types of documents.
- Gather technical information, prepares written text.
- Maintain a current internal documentation library.
- Use multiple word processing and presentation tools such as MS Word, PowerPoint, and Visio etc.
- Prepare and maintain operations documentation, user guides and manuals and technical publications.
- Work with developers to produce quality documentation and training materials.
- Work on all phases of documentation.
- Understand basic concepts and write technical copy for various types of documents for a program/project of similar complexity.
- Prepare reports, responses, and briefings targeted to a wide range of audiences.
- Coordinate layout and design of documents.
- Research highly technical subject matter, organizes information from multiples sources, and express technical information in written form that is comprehensible to a wide audience of readers.
- Under general direction, write technical copy for various types of documents for a program/project of similar complexity.
- Apply concepts for technical writing based on engineering drawings, technical information from engineering documentation, consultations with engineers and subject matter experts, and other available sources.
- Produce defense acquisition documentation, user manuals, training manuals, and other documentation utilized by the end-user community of DoD electronic equipment and systems.
- Interpret engineering and maintenance drawings, operational procedures to understand and blend large quantities of computer related information.
- Produce technical documentation for Cryptologic programs or projects developing analytic tradecraft methodologies.
- Apply technical manual standard NSA DS-89 to work products.
- Provide expert oversight of technical writing and editing to all phases of acquisition and technical documentation for the Program, Project, or Contract.
- Work independently preparing and maintaining highly complex systems, programming and operations documentation, procedures and methods.
- Act as project leader for projects with complex or voluminous documentation and may provide or coordinate special documentation services as required.
- Review work products of others for compliance with technical manual NSA Data Standard (DS)-89.
You’ll bring these qualifications:
- TS/SCI w/POLY required.
- Twenty (20) years’ experience as a SE in programs and contracts of similar scope, type and complexity is required.
- Demonstrated experience in planning and leading Systems Engineering efforts is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in System Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering Science, Engineering Management, or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required.
- Five (5) years of additional SE experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
What We Can Offer You:
- We’ve been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
- Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
- We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
- We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation’s highest priorities.
- For over 55 years, the principles of CACI’s unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $150,000.00 - $180,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Do you possess a TS/SCI with POLY?
Company's Facebook page:
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible