This position has been created to support our organization's growing training initiatives and requires a highly motivated professional who is familiar with instructional design and can regularly generate new training materials. The Clinical Nurse Educator supports the Human Resources and Medical Administration departments with the operations of clinical staff training, professional development, and onboarding by implementing and overseeing the clinical training and evaluation of medical staff to ensure optimal service delivery, patient experience, and clinical quality in accordance with the PPMNJ Medical Standards and Guidelines.
This position supports training at PPMNJ by ensuring that all clinical trainings are compliant with medical protocols, Federal/State regulations and organizations requirement, are well-documented and regularly audited for effectiveness, and that coordination with Human resources, Director of Nursing, health center managers, staff, and other teams is timely and fosters strong collaborative relationships.
- In partnership with medical admin staff, creates, updates and maintains a training program for medical staff, to include: delivery and delegation of clinical training, support for onsite trainers, monitoring of orientations and training, initial and annual assessments for competency, and coordination to ensure consistent responsibilities at all health centers.
- In collaboration with Human Resources, develops and oversees the clinical onboarding for medical staff, including evaluating competencies in required procedures and skillsets.
- Develops the clinical orientation and training plan for each new hire by job role; closely monitors the progress of each clinical new hire.
- Solicits feedback from preceptors using skills checklists and other tools.
- In partnership with the VP of Health Services and Director of Compliance, Quality and Risk Management (CQRM), develops and executes clinical performance development plans, as needed.
- Partners with Health Center Managers and other departments to ensure optimal service delivery and patient experience by reviewing and evaluating training materials, maintaining up-to-date policies and procedures, and providing clinical consultation and work flow support.
- Ensures all training documentation is completed and summitted to Human Resources in a timely manner.
- Assists the Director of CQRM with audits of medical services and dissemination of results and action plans.
- Travels to PPMNJ health centers to oversee training, offer input and evaluation, and/or provide clinical support.
- Works closely with Associate Medical Director and VP of Healthcare Services to update and disseminate changes in Medical Standards and Guidelines and Policies and Procedures as applicable.
- Works with EHR Specialist/Trainer, Lead Clinician, Director of Nursing, Director of CQRM and Health Center Managers to address training gaps
- Collaborates with the EHR Specialist/Trainer to assess and provide EHR training as needed.
- Supports the Associate Medical Director, Director of CQRM, and Health Center Managers by participating in site visits of regulatory agencies as needed.
- Contributes to the overall effectiveness of the agency by adhering to established agency policies and practices.
- Partners with HR by assisting with the design, update and implementation of required clinical new hire trainings and advanced professional trainings, carrying out existing trainings, monitoring and reporting the effectiveness of training new clinical employees during the orientation period and ongoing professional development.
- Maintains current knowledge of reproductive health including but not limited to vital signs; phlebotomy; birth control methods, sexually transmitted infections, testing, and results; gender-affirming care; HIV and PrEP; EHR; clinic structure; and affiliate protocols, policies, and procedures as required for optimum training development effectiveness.
- Performs other related duties and special projects as needed.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Current Registered Nurse License in NJ.
- BSN required, MSN Preferred.
- must be BLS certified, BLS trainer or willing to take course.
- 3 Years' experience in a supervisory role and 3-5 years of clinical training experience or a combination of both including reproductive health, health education, and clinical training.
- Familiar with different training and learning styles, and trains to strengths.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to prioritize multiple competing projects.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to travel to assigned health center(s)
- May require occasional flexible hours (days, evening, weekend)
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the organization’s Electronic Health Record (EHR) and project management (Asana) and Systems.
- Demonstrated commitment to PPMNJ’s mission related to bodily autonomy, health equity, and gender and racial justice.
- Strong relationship building and communication skills, including an ability to work and build trust across differences related to race, class, age, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin or ability; and to be able to reflect on one’s personal identity with humility.
**Must be fully vaccinated and up to date with COVID-19 vaccine/boosters by the date of hire to be considered. Proof of COVID-19 Vaccine (required)
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $85,875.00 - $90,103.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Newark, NJ: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: In person