Neville Chemical Company is a major manufacturer of Hydrocarbon Resins with a 90 + year history in the industry. Resins are thermoplastic low molecular weight polymers that are used extensively in the formulation of Adhesive and Sealants, Paints and Coatings, Inks, Tire and Industrial Rubber products. Hydrocarbon resins are key components that enhance the process ability and end-use performance of these products. We are currently recruiting for a full-time Resin Synthesis Chemist in our Research & Development Division at our Neville Island, Pennsylvania facility.
This position is primarily responsible for raw material evaluations, product formulation, resin synthesis, new product development, product improvement, testing, interpretation of results, reporting of findings and recommendations to Management.
The successful candidate will:
- Develop and/or improve products to meet customer and market needs.
- Assist in conducting exploratory and applied research to develop commercial products.
- Support corporate and departmental business goals and objectives.
- Assist in developing product technical literature.
- Preparation of lab synthesized samples for customer evaluations.
- Learn new topics and techniques through internal and external training and participation in industry conferences.
- Applies creativity and innovation in developing new or improved products and in problem solving.
Minimum requirements for the qualified candidate are:
- Masters Degree in Chemistry from an accredited University – preferably with an emphasis and focus on Polymer Science or Bachelors Degree with 1-2 years experience.
- Fundamental understanding and knowledge of polymerization reaction mechanisms, catalysts, polymer structure, testing and characterization methodologies.
- Familiarity with basic physical, chemical and analytical techniques for polymer characterization (GPC, GCMS, FTIR, DSR, DMA, DSC, TGA, etc)
- Familiarity with DOE and Problem solving tools.
- Understanding of safe laboratory practices.
- Excellent communication skills – oral and written.
- Ability to effectively multitask and manage projects.
- Strong interpersonal and organization skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment to achieve goals.
- Compliance with laboratory Health, Safety and Environmental rules and regulations.
- Proficient in MS Office Basic Computer skills – MS Office, Chemical Modeling, DOE.
We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefit package and 401(k). Please send cover letter, resume and salary requirements. Neville does not sponsor international applicants. Successful candidates must be legally entitled to work in the U.S. NO PHONE CALLS OR AGENCIES ACCEPTED. EOE M/F/H/V
Job Type: Full-time
- Polymer Science: 2 years (Required)
- Chemist work: 2 years (Required)
- Pittsburgh, PA (Required)