Sign In or Create Account
Use Facebook or Google to sign in or register with SimplyHired.
Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
Role and Responsibilities:
The property Manager of Scattered-Sites and Housing and Urban Development (HUD)-assisted Housing performs property management duties for scattered-sites and HUD-assisted propertied. This position works collaboratively with tenants, partner agencies, community residents and stake holders, property owners to ensure tenants live in safe and decent affordable housing and receive the supportive services that are needed. This position must be committed to working toward the goal of helping tenants obtain and maintain housing.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Assumes quality customer relations with tenants, outside agencies and the general public via phone and in person resolving questions, concerns, and complaints.
2. Answers information calls and requests for applications for each HUD property as well as EDEN-owned scattered site properties.
3. Review’s tenant applications for eligibility based on project guidelines
4. Processes completed applications according to guidelines.
5. Maintains and purges waiting lists according to guidelines.
6. Processes all EDEN and HUD required reports, as needed, in a timely manner.
7. Shows available units to prospective tenants.
8. Coordinates move-in process with prospective tenant, case manager/service provider, when applicable; orientates tenant to unit, building and neighborhood upon move-in
9. Completes all move-in documentation including but not limited to lease, addendums, and income verifications.
10. Meets deadlines including submittal of monthly vouchers/documents, as required, to HUD for new move-ins, move-outs, and re-certifications.
11. Maintains all files accurately and orderly
12. Inspects all properties, units, and common areas, at least quarterly and performs all follow up regarding housekeeping and related issues
13. Inspects properties, with Manager of Scatter-Site and HUD assisted Housing and Manager of Facilities and Maintenance for Housing and Urban Development Real Estate Assessment Center (HUD REAC) and HQS (S+C) inspections and identifies items requiring improvement
14. Reviews monthly Rent Rolls and ensures prompt follow-up of non-payment activity
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
A Bachelor’s Degree in related field and a minimum of 2 years of related work experience are required. Previous experience in a non-profit, social-services related field or property management as well as the ability to communicate in multiple languages are preferred.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $40,000.00 /year