Coupang is one of the largest and fastest growing e-commerce platforms on the planet. Our mission is to create a world in which Customers ask "How did I ever live without Coupang?" We are looking for passionate builders to help us get there. Powered by world-class technology and operations, we have set out to transform the end-to-end Customer experience -- from revolutionizing last-mile delivery to rethinking how Customers search and discover on a truly mobile-first platform. We have been named one of the "50 Smartest Companies in the World" by MIT Technology Review and "30 Global Game Changers" by Forbes.
Coupang is a global company with offices in Beijing, Los Angeles, Seattle, Seoul, Shanghai, and Silicon Valley.
The ideal candidate would have strong knowledge of the eCommerce business with a high EQ. You will handle multiple responsibilities simultaneously, mixing long-term projects with the urgency of immediate demands. You must have the demonstrated ability to deal with highly confidential information and act as a liaison between the Coupang locations and teams. You must exhibit the skills to collaborate with and achieve actionable results through others, the ability to build strong and sustainable relationships and the capability to interact within all levels of the function.
- SVP 's trusted "down and in" operations and execution leader
- Provide input in business and strategic planning
- Set goals for departments and individual managers
- Lead recurring meetings with the leadership team, department, and individual managers
- Collaborate with colleagues to implement policies and develop improvements
- Organize and coordinate inter- and intradepartmental operations
- Oversee resource allocation and budgeting
- Ensure a data-driven decision-making mindset across the organization and from the top down
- Provide guidance to staff and evaluate the performance
- Resolve issues that may arise in a timely manner
- Assume responsibility for timely reporting to senior management
- Assist in other tasks (e.g. special projects, strategic initiatives, annual budgeting, reviews, fundraising, etc.) as assigned
- Regular executive-level reporting to the SVP across all teams and company at-large
- Manage SVP's functional manager/staff if needed
- Any ad-hoc project.
- Proven experience as a chief of staff or as an administrative staff
- Experience in operations management
- Solid understanding of business functions (HR, finance etc.)
- Knowledge of fiscal planning, budgeting, and reporting
- Knowledge of relevant policies and regulations
- Proficient in MS Office and databases
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability in decision-making and problem-solving
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- BSc/BA in business administration or relevant field; MSc/MA is a definite plus
- Autonomy to make decisions in a rapidly growing company
- Free medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 18 days PTO + 12 national holidays off
- 401K matching
- Pre-IPO stock options
- Mobile & fitness reimbursement
- Flexible working hours
- Catered lunch
Coupang is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, transgender status), national origin, age, disability, medical condition, HIV/AIDS or Hepatitis C status, marital status, military or veteran status, use of a trained dog guide or service animal, political activities, affiliations, citizenship, or any other characteristic or class protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation in the application or recruiting process due to a disability, please contact us at email@example.com ( firstname.lastname@example.org ).