Firmenich is currently seeking a commercial lawyer to support its North America business operations in particular the Flavor, Perfumery, R&D, Purchasing and Global Services divisions. The position is based in Princeton, NJ and reports to the Head of Commercial Legal team based in Geneva. The position includes managing a team of two, a Senior Legal Counsel and a Contract Manager.
Key Responsibilities :
- Lead and ensure completion of strategic contract negotiations on matters of importance that affect Firmenich’s business (Flavors, Perfumery, R&D, Purchasing, Global Services) in North America, such as purchase and sales agreements, tolling, subcontracting, consulting agreements, R&D collaboration agreements
- Provide strategic legal advice to the business functions
- In coordination with the in-house M&A lawyer, support M&A negotiation and completion for North America and lead the legal integration
- Oversee statutory work for group entities in North America and act as Secretary to the Board of North American group entities
- Train North American business functions on legal matters
- Identify unmet needs and future legal issues and proactively proposes strategies to optimize outcomes and results for the company; identify impact of new legislation on Firmenich business operations and manage implementation
- Drive continuous improvement and best practices initiatives within the Commercial Legal team and lead and implement transformation initiatives
- Ensure alignment with Global Litigation lead on relevant matters in North America
- Partner with business clients
- Maintain a network of local external counsels
- Build a highly efficient team, organized to effectively deliver on Firmenich group objectives and priorities
- Manage budget for commercial legal matters in North America
10+ years of professional experience, including in-house in an international environment and in private practice
JD from accredited law school
Member in good standing of at least one state bar (preference for licensure in NJ or ability to secure in-house admission)
Confirmed experience in drafting and negotiating commercial agreements
We Value :
Pragmatic judgment, particularly in determining the significance of legal matters and effectively measuring and balancing legal and business risks
Excellent written and oral communication skills with ability to synthesize complex legal issues to essential elements to provide clear, concise practical business-minded advice
Ability to manage time effectively to prioritize matters, work under pressure and meet deadlines
Strong, hands-on work ethic with willingness to assume heavy workload to meet timing and project needs
Strong interpersonal skills including optimism, diplomacy and flexibility and the ability to interface effectively with personnel at many different levels, customers and business partners to work effectively in cross-functional/multi-cultural global teams
Being a change champion, leading by example.
We Offer :
High Challenge and High Reward Environment
Entry to exciting and inspiring world of perfumes and taste
Culture that values diversity where people are at the heart of the company
Opportunity to work for a company that cares about environment and sets and achieve ambitious sustainability objectives
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function. Firmenich is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veteran
At Firmenich, we create an environment in which employees are valued, motivated and encouraged to reach their full potential. We foster entrepreneurial spirit and imaginative teamwork with freedom to act within our strategic plans. We recruit and develop the best talents, rewarding them accordingly. We offer competitive pay, career growth opportunities, and an outstanding benefits program that features:
- Generous Paid Time Off!
- Quarterly Bonus Potential!
- Retirement Plans!
- 401(k) with Company Match!
- Low Cost Medical, Dental & Rx & Vision Coverage!
- Tuition Assistance for Employees and Children!
- Flexible Spending Accounts!
- Subsidized Cafeteria!
- Tobacco-Free Campus!
- And Many More Employee-Friendly Programs!