As a Hardware Developer at IBM, you’ll get to work on the systems that are driving the quantum revolution and the AI era. Join an elite team of engineering professionals who enable IBM customers to make better decisions quicker on the most trusted hardware platform in today’s market.
Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM is seeking a Power Subsystem Supply Chain Engineer (SCE) in Rochester, MN. You will use your leadership & technical skills to partner with the world’s leading suppliers & Development to ensure new technologies are qualified to support IBM new product introductions. You will also support IBM Manufacturing & Client Care Teams to ensure ongoing support of production product
You will be responsible to manage all technical aspects of your assigned technology including technology convergence, developing technology roadmaps, part qualification, process qualification, communication of technical specifications to suppliers, environmental compliance, supplier performance, tooling, process changes and resolution of all quality/reliability issues. You will work closely with your suppliers & Development Teams to qualify products and pro-actively manage quality by driving continuous improvement activities. Some travel, both domestic and international, may be required.
The Power Subsystem commodities that the candidate may support are custom Power Supplies, Power Distribution Units, Batteries, Voltage Regulators and other Power related electronics.
Job responsibilities include:
- Perform qualification activities for custom Power Supplies, Voltage Regulators and Battery Technologies for System z, Power & Storage Brand hardware
- Define and establish the qualification test requirements including programming, tester automation, and results analysis
- Perform Failure Analysis (FA) and debug on qualification samples, IBM manufacturing, and client failures in order to identify short/long term solutions
- Oversee Power lab by setting up tester configurations and control software while providing work direction to technicians
- Interface with Development Engineering to ensure optimal design for manufacturability and system level qualification requirements
- External supplier evaluation and selection
- Work with suppliers to ensure they are meeting IBM specifications for quality, reliability, and functionality
- Communication skills, both verbal and written, to work with a World Wide Engineering Team
- Preferred knowledge of LabVIEW for data acquisition, automation, and analysis
This position is located in Rochester, MN
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
'- University level Engineering course work and/or experience (1 month - 3 years), BA degree required by start date
- Engineering major with preference in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering (1 month - 3 years)
- Programming & coding course work and/or Experience (1 month - 3 years)
- Adept at managing technical issues in a dynamic business environment
- Strong communication skills
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
'- Labview (1 month - 3 years)
About Business Unit
IBM Systems helps IT leaders think differently about their infrastructure. IBM servers and storage are no longer inanimate - they can understand, reason, and learn so our clients can innovate while avoiding IT issues. Our systems power the world’s most important industries and our clients are the architects of the future. Join us to help build our leading-edge technology portfolio is designed for cognitive business and optimized for cloud computing.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world. What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.