Oversees all operational aspects of managing and leading the Asset Services staff to ensure the highest level of delivery of services consistent with C&W’s standards across the market’s Asset Services portfolio.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
May be responsible for one or more of the following:
- Participate in monthly calls to share best practices and produce leads for institutional clients in multiple markets
- Establish and monitor appropriate checks and balances to ensure high level of quality in operations while ensuring that the management teams understand and exceed Client’s goals/expectations for each property
- Understand and observe compliance with management agreements, review and approve expenditures, which exceed the authority level established for project and property manager
- Guarantee timeliness and accuracy of financial and management reports, and confirm that expenditures comply with Client and C&W policies
- Assist property/account manager in maintaining relationships with Client’s senior level decision makers
- Ensure compliance of full utilization of C&W tools and resources (i.e. Connect, Asset Services SharePoint site, Operations Manual, Engineering Disciplines, Yardi, SOC-1 prescribed accounting software, automated preventative maintenance software)
- Verify the existence of property procedures including Operations Manual, Tenant Handbook, and Emergency Procedures as updated to current industry, Client, and C&W standards
- Provide training and professional development in conjunction with Asset Services policies
- Interface with accounting leaders and Transitions & Quality Control leader for feedback on associate performance and to conduct periodic audits when necessary
- Develop the most profitable and efficient personnel model to staff each asset. Utilize K-1 Pricing Tool for all business opportunities
- Participate in national asset services task forces and/or committees
- Assist the Asset Services leader in delivering financial results (P&L responsibility), as well as assist in preparing market level Asset Services budgets, monthly variances and forecasting
- Assist city lead with hiring, supervising, training, reviewing and overall performance management of asset services personnel
1. Financial Acumen
2. Customer Focus (internal and external)
3. Communication Proficiency (oral and written)
4. Time Management Skills
5. People Management Skills
7. Business Development
8. Sense of Urgency
- Bachelor Degree in Business Administration or related discipline
- 8 -10 years of commercial property management and/or executive level sales management experience
- CPM and/or RPA comparable experience in a senior leadership role
- Extensive experience in analysing and negotiating commercial lease and/or contract language
- Proven experience in management/evaluation/development/motivation of subordinates
ADDITIONAL ELIGIBILITY QUALIFICATIONS
- Maintain real estate license per any statutory requirements
- Active participation in CPM and RPA local and national chapters preferred
- Thorough understanding of financial reporting and variance analysis
- Actively involved in the leadership level in charitable organization(s)
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate with others and exchange accurate information; operate a computer and other office productivity machinery; move about the workplace; remain in a stationary position for 85% of the time; and extend hands and arms in any direction.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
This job description includes the core responsibilities for C&W. These duties may have slight modifications based on the regional location.
Cushman & Wakefield provides equal employment opportunity. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated. Cushman & Wakefield is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.