We have two exciting entry level opportunities for Accounts Payable Clerks to join our growing team. If you are passionate about the technology industry and want to work for a company that aligns with your interests, we might be the place for you! Canonical, and our world class Ubuntu product, attracts some of the leading talent from around the world. Come and work with exceptional people and kick start your career in Finance!
Our Finance team is growing and it's a really exciting time to join the team. We are looking for bright, motivated people who have a passion for making a difference. You will be seeking an opportunity to drive process improvements and change, input your ideas and truly contribute to the team.
Your role will include ensuring accuracy of the A/P ledgers, process supplier invoices in a timely and accurate manner, prepare supplier payments, deal with queries effectively and efficiently and maintain compliance with processes and procedures. You will learn the fundamentals of how finance works in an organisation.
In return we will provide you with ample opportunity for career development including offering you with support for continuing education and the pursuit of professional Accounting certifications. You will report directly to our Global Controller who will help you develop into the role and guide you through your learnings.
- Maintain accuracy of our A/P ledgers
- Manage our vendor data (names, addresses, etc.), validate and get approval for new accounts, and maintain our audit record of vendor data changes and approvals
- Process our supplier invoices in a timely and accurate manner, including entry of invoices into accounting systems and maintain our files in a tidy and organised manner
- Prepare our supplier payments in line with the payments timetable and presented for approval in a clear and organised format
- Identify payments properly withheld, monitored and released when approval given
- Help with our month end processes: prepayments, accruals, bank reconciliations and balance sheet reconciliations
- Resolve questions/issues, escalating when appropriate in a timely manner
- Maintain compliance with processes and procedures, recommend corrective action when identified and maintain suitable records to demonstrate compliance
- Bachelor's degree in an Accounting or Finance subject, graduating in the top 10% of your class
- Good spreadsheet skills, including pivots, look ups etc.
- Excellent attention to detail, with great organisation skills and the ability to meet deadlines
- Great communication skills that you will use when connecting directly with our vendors
- A passion for the world of Finance with ambition to progress your career
- Some experience using a major accounting system advantageous
- Flexibility to work remotely from home
- Personal learning and development budget
- Annual compensation review
- Recognition rewards
- Annual leave
- Priority Pass for International travel
- Opportunity to travel to meet your colleagues in great global destinations!
Canonical is a growing international software company that works with the open-source community to deliver Ubuntu, the world's best free software platform. Our services help businesses worldwide reduce costs, improve efficiency and enhance security with Ubuntu.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. Diversity of experience, perspectives, and background create a better work environment and better products. Whatever your identity we will give your application fair consideration.