Welfare & Pension Administration Service, Inc. is a third-party administration (TPA) firm, specializing in multi-employer benefit plan administration, located in Mercer Island, WA. We currently administer over 80 Taft-Hartley and Public Trust Funds which cover benefits for Health and Welfare, Disability and Time Loss, Dental, Vision, Defined Contribution, Defined Benefit, Vacation, Apprenticeship, and Legal Services. For a complete list of our services, please visit our Administration Services page.
Our goal is to create a state of the art, fully integrated benefit management platform that will meet the needs of our clients.
WPAS offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision, 401 (k) employer contributions, vacation pay, holiday pay, sick time accruals and flexible scheduling within work hours.
Under direct supervision of the Department Supervisor, this position will perform clerical and administrative support tasks based on working knowledge of department procedures.
- Perform a variety of moderately complex clerical duties including filing, answering phones, distributing mail and reports, and word processing.
- May enter, retrieve, and verify information from a computer.
- May compose routine correspondence and compile routine reports.
- Sort and distribute mail by following department protocol and expectations
- Direct external customers at the beginning of an appeals process by coordinating with the appropriate eligibility specialists and administrative assistants.
- Distribute reports such as COBRA letters, delinquencies, billing and other assigned reports to the appropriate roles.
- Order office supplies for the control department
- Provide backup receptionist support for vacations, breaks and sick time.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
· Working knowledge of basic office equipment
· Proven track record of positive interpersonal communications with internal and external clients
· Demonstrated ability to keep calm and positive within all communications.
· Proven ability to accurately and timely review and edit documents.
· 1 year of general office experience
· Utilize computer and phone systems to be able to effectively perform the essential functions of the position.
· Previous experience utilizing Microsoft office software
· High school diploma or G.E.D
· Associates degree
· 2-4 years of experience in a corporate office environment
· The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by employees to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
· While performing the duties of this job, employees are regularly required to use written and oral communication skills; read and interpret data, information and documents; analyze and solve non-routine and complex office administrative problems; use math and mathematical reasoning; observe and interpret situations; learn and apply new information or skills; perform highly detailed work on multiple, concurrent tasks; work under intensive deadlines with frequent interruptions
· The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this class. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Employees work under typical office conditions, and the noise level is usually quiet.
· This is a unionized position and requires membership in Local 8 OPEIU.
· WPAS is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and strive to continually create the most inclusive work environment for all our employees.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $16.76 to $23.76 /hour
- general office: 1 year (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Mercer Island, WA (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Stable -- traditional, stable, strong processes
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
This Job Is:
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma