The Plant Controller is responsible for providing leadership and guidelines as well as support for corporate financial initiatives, developing operational analysis across multiple divisions, assuring the integrity of standard costs, and performing variance analysis in a manufacturing environment located in the Mobile, Alabama area for a growing $200M+ engine manufacturing company. The ideal candidate will be a result driven and high energy self-starter who has strong business acumen, possesses a background in manufacturing and enjoys working collaboratively across disciplines.
Bilingual English Mandarin Chinese required.
Potential opportunity for a Controller or Head of Finance/Accounting ready to step up into a larger growing organization with promotional opportunities into a Global Controller role. Open to any type of manufacturing backgrounds with a preference for automotive or aviation manufacturing environments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide technical/functional leadership and support to the controllers and accounting /finance staff within the divisions.
- Develop clear, accurate, and timely reporting by the divisions on a weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual basis.
- Coordinate the monthly accounting close process and pursue opportunities that focus on improving the timeliness of each divisions financial statements as well as the consolidated report.
- Administer systems policies to effectively measure financial and operational performance.
- Coordinate company-wide efforts to leverage technology to improve the quality and efficiency of the financial operations.
- Lead periodic financial review meetings of group operations including analysis of actual, budget, and forecast scenarios.
- Create financial reporting models for multiple divisions and manufacturing locations to support the budget review process
- Perform operational analysis related to manufacturing activities, including make vs. buy analysis, support for pricing decisions, cross-plant cost comparisons, capital project studies Actual tracking, and other margin enhancement projects.
- Challenge the development of standard costs and the methodologies employed for all product lines to ensure that senior management has the requisite information needed to make informed decisions.
- Analyze and understand manufacturing processes, objectives, and issues, and provide management reporting that allows for the building of a three-year financial forecast.
- Review capital expenditure requests and evaluate in conformity with company return on investment guidelines
- Drive the development of the company-wide Cycle Counting policy and internal audit program.
- Monitor credit policies and adopt procedures that minimize risk.
- Supervise direct reports
- Coordinate the execution of the annual audit with external auditors, prepare external statements, and ensure audits are completed timely.
- Support the organization in maintaining a work environment focused on quality and that fosters learning, respect, open communication, collaboration, systems integration, and teamwork.
EDUCATION and / or EXPERIENCE
- BA/BS in business, accounting, or related field required
- CPA, MBA or similar advanced degree a plus
- 6+ years of experience in a manufacturing environment required
- Bilingual English Mandarin Chinese required
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with multiple functional areas in a collaborative, team environment.
- Proven track record for implementing change using the latest technologies available.
- Strong understanding of US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Ability to map inter-company sales elimination process.
- Ability to map standard cost update process.
- Ability to take on global responsibility as career progresses and company grows
- Automotive and Aviation manufacturing industry experience a plus
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret the most complex documents.
- Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints. Ability to write speeches and articles using original or innovative techniques or style.
- Ability to make effective and persuasive speeches and presentations on controversial or complex topics to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
- Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations.
- Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Macola ERP system and Essbase, excellent working knowledge of Excel and Word; knowledge of Access is a plus.