Manage the organization's day-to-day internal, social media, media relations, creative editorial, photographic, and design services. Advise management on the development of communications policies and public affairs program. Advise and manage public affairs issues. Mentor junior staff. This position requires the ability to travel nationally and internationally, as required.
- 6 years of experience with DoD public affairs, including providing public affairs advice to senior leaders on operational issues and conducting media operations or communication planning or implementation
- Experience with using a spectrum of social media tools and tactics
- Ability to travel nationally and internationally 10% of the time
- TS/SCI clearance
- HS diploma or GED
- Experience with defense media
- Experience with public affairs at a Combatant Command preferred
- Experience with Combatant Command plans and operations to help identify issues proactively
- Possession of excellent oral and written communication skills, including communicating with senior leadership effectively
- TS/SCI clearance with a polygraph
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information; TS/SCI clearance is required.
We’re an EOE that empowers our people—no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected characteristic—to fearlessly drive change.