Are you ready to begin your career after high school??
Sometimes Promoting, Sometimes Recruiting. Always Orange.
About Aggreko plc:
Around the world, people, businesses and countries are striving for a better future. A future that needs power and the right conditions to succeed. That’s why at Aggreko, we work ‘round the clock, making sure our customers get the electricity, heating and cooling they need, whenever they need it – all powered by our trademark passion, unrivalled international experience and local knowledge. From urban development to unique commercial projects and even humanitarian emergencies, we bring our expertise and equipment to any location, from the world’s busiest cities to some of the most remote places on earth. Every project is different, so we listen first and design a system supported by our service anywhere, to any scale. Transforming the lives and livelihoods of individuals, organizations and communities across the globe.
We’re the people who use our big boxes to make a massive difference. We believe in the positive impact of power and the ability to control temperature. We believe what we do opens up opportunity and creates potential for individuals, communities, industries and societies over the world. We believe when we work together we can do anything. We believe in the power of our team. We’re the people who keep the lights on. And we recruit the best talent, too.
Our four values help us get even better at what we do. It’s the Aggreko way of working – we call it Always Orange. Always Orange means:
Being dynamic: We’re nimble and are always ready to react to an ever-changing world.
Being expert: We know our stuff, we’re great under pressure and we thrive in our busy, fast-paced, deadline-driven environment. We use our experience to make a difference. We know how to challenge and we have the courage of our convictions.
Being together: We play for Team Aggreko and value the expertise of everyone around us. We’re accountable and we hold others to account.
Being innovative: We never miss an opportunity to learn, to look out, or to be better.
About this Job:
Aggreko is offering a paid internship that provides hands on training and education! This Internship will lead into a full-time position. This opportunity, called the Aggreko SelecTech Program, is a one-year program that allows program members to earn valuable experience working on state of the art industrialized equipment while earning a 42 credit hour Certificate of Technology in Heavy Diesel Power from San Jacinto College. The one year, three semester, program consists of equal parts coursework at San Jacinto College in Houston, TX and paid OJT at the Houston Aggreko facilities.
Upon acceptance into the Aggreko program, SelecTech members will enroll in school at San Jacinto College and begin taking classes geared towards a successful career with Aggreko. These classes include learning about Diesel Mechanics, DC/AC Electrical Fundamentals, Basic Refrigeration, Generator Controls, Oil Free Air Compress, and more advanced classes. This will enable program members to apply the knowledge to Aggreko specific equipment during their time in the program.
Must be able to relocate to any of the Aggreko Service Centers located across the United States after the completion of the program.
Sound like you? Here’s what you’ll need to demonstrate:
- Drive for Results: Drive for results is a deep-seated inner desire to compete against standards of excellence and achieve ‘step changes’ in business results. It covers the desire to strive for constant improvement and to continuously redefine what can be achieved both in the market place and with the resources that are available to the individual. Outstanding performers focus their energy on achieving objectives, which support the long-term success of the business. They do this in a way that demonstrates maturity and self-control
- Task Completion: Reliable, Focused, Committed to Completing Tasks
- Resilience: Persistent, positive, self-reliant
- Accountability: Drives better outcomes by taking personal responsibility
- Customer Focus: Understands the importance of customer needs, whether internal or external, focuses on responding to them and develops relationships
- Working Together with Others: Relates to people, engages, builds relationships
We’re Experts. You’ll have the following experience:
- High School diploma/GED
- The ability to meet San Jacinto College’s entrance requirements. Requirements can be found at http://www.sanjac.edu/apply-register/overview/steps-enroll
- No previous experience is required
- Self- starter with a strong mechanical aptitude
- Excellent customer service skills
- Must be able to relocate to any of the Aggreko Service Centers located across the United States after the completion of the program.
Your key responsibilities:
We’re Dynamic & Innovative. In an ever-changing business you will be nimble in seizing opportunities to pioneer effective ways to meet and exceed your responsibilities:
- Perform preventive maintenance and repairs of equipment and documents this as directed by his/her supervisor.
- Complete necessary paper work timely and accurately which may include data entry and general use of relevant computer systems and software, as directed.
- Troubleshoot equipment failures, both in-house and on customer locations and handle repairs.
- Set up and operate equipment as directed, both in-house and at customer locations.
- Utilize mathematical formulas to determine both nominal and effective tonnage and/or kW requirements.
- Maintain thorough knowledge of and capability in reading and understanding schematics.
- Maintain thorough knowledge of, actively practice, and promote safe working conditions in accordance with OSHA, EPA and other required regulations dealing with safe operation of all equipment.
- Obtain & maintain necessary certifications required to operate any equipment as dictated by federal, state and/or local ordinances.
- Prepare various reports as directed to maintain accurate records on equipment and preventive maintenance.
- Prepare expense reports and/or service reports within prescribed time periods.
The people you’ll work with:
We’re Together. In this role, you will have the opportunity to directly contribute to the success of your colleagues and interact with the wider Aggreko team.
Other information you should know:
Physical Requirements: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Frequent periods are spent sitting and standing in the same location. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may occasionally be required to move about or lift heavy objects (typically less than 50 lbs.)
Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts. The employee frequently works in outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Disclaimer: This information should not be construed as the position’s exclusive standards. Performing other assigned duties is required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. Employees are responsible for knowing and following all company policies and procedures and Federal, State, and Local governmental regulations including Environmental Health and Safety requirements while working and representing Aggreko.
At Aggreko, we’re leading with confidence, bringing advanced rental energy solutions to the world, and providing you with pathways for success. If you are interested in joining our dynamic team, please submit your resume today.
Aggreko is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
Job Type: Internship
- High school or equivalent (Required)