Full Job Description
NOTE: A completed online application is required to be considered for this savvy opportunity with outstanding benefits.
Thank you in advance for considering us as a place where your talent is appreciated.
Apply at: http://bit.ly/2QDoAJ8
TEMPORARY POSITION NOTICE:
- This is a temporary work assignment consisting of no less than six (6) months, not to exceed twelve (12) months.
- This position is not eligible for healthcare benefits, PERS, accrued time, or any other benefits featured on the LVCCLD (Las Vegas-Clark County Library District) website's benefits page.
- If a LVCCLD employee applies, interviews, and is selected for this position, the LVCCLD employee will be required to resign from their current position prior to the date of hire for this temporary assignment.
- The Library District may end temporary assignments prior to any expiration date for any form of misconduct.
DESCRIPTION OF HOURS AND WAGES: This is a part-time position (19-hours per week). The hourly wage is $16.93 per hour. This wage will not increase during the temporary assignment.
RESPONSIBILITIES: Essential and marginal functions and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to the following:
1. Schedules patron use of computer lab equipment in accordance with established Library District policies and procedures.
2. Assists staff and patrons with basic assistance in computer equipment and software application use.
3. Provides basic telephone support for software and peripheral equipment inquiries.
4. Utilizes personal computers in the daily course of work.
5. Utilizes software applications associated with computer lab equipment, as well as providing help with the Internet and e-mail for patrons and staff.
6. Monitors Library District equipment for damage, tampering, or loss.
7. Performs record keeping tasks in documenting computer lab statistics, equipment repair, the sales of supplies, and software issues.
8. Learns efficient use of new equipment and software introduced to the Library District.
9. Responds to staff and patron inquiries concerning Library District software operations and diagnoses software and operator problems.
10. Recommends or performs minor remedial actions to correct software and peripheral equipment problems.
11. Provides updates, status, and project completion information to supervisor.
12. Refers major hardware and software problems to supervisor and Information Technology Department for correction.
13. Operates office equipment including, but not limited to: copy machine, telephone, facsimile machine and cash register.
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY: The successful candidate will demonstrate support for diversity, equity and inclusiveness, as well as participate in maintaining a respectful and positive work environment. The Library District extends this commitment to diversity and equity in employment and especially welcomes applications from women, persons of color, persons with disabilities, persons of all sexual orientations and gender identities, and others who contribute to diversification.
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma OR GED equivalency required.
- Excellent customer service skills and experience working in a public setting is required.
- One (1) year demonstrated customer service experience in problem solving and assisting computer users on personal computer software operations, and associated peripheral equipment preferred.
- PLEASE NOTE: Meeting these posted qualifications does not necessarily guarantee an interview.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Essential and marginal functions may require maintaining the physical condition necessary for standing and walking, frequent lifting and carrying objects of light weight (5 - 10 pounds) and lifting and carrying objects of moderate weight (11 - 20 pounds); frequent bending, stooping, reaching, and pushing; minimal dexterity in the use of fingers, limbs, or body in the operation of office equipment; utilizing a keyboard, and sitting or standing for extended periods of time; or the sustained operation, of such devices associated with equipment used to perform tasks required of the position. Tasks require color perception, sound perception, visual perception, and oral communications ability. Tasks are performed with infrequent exposure to adverse environmental conditions.
ENVIRONMENTAL REQUIREMENTS: Tasks are performed in adverse environmental conditions.
The award-winning Las Vegas-Clark County Library District serves 1.5 million people over 8,000 square miles through 25 branch libraries and online. The Library District is a vibrant member of the community with committed staff who work to provide information and the opportunity for lifelong learning, cultural awareness, community connection and basic literacy.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $16.93 /hour
Typical start time:
Typical end time: