Are you passionate about cinema and creative problem solving? Do you thrive on creating photorealistic 3D animations and the challenge of producing world class visual effects? Are you looking to join a close-knit team of multi-disciplinary artists who tell our story to external and internal audiences?
Lockheed Martin Space is seeking a talented and driven 3D Artist for our growing in-house Visual Communications team. In this position you will work closely with designers, producers, creative directors, and internal clients to develop compelling 3D models and animations.
Your typical day will include:
- Supporting small and large projects with: modeling, texturing, animation, rendering, visual effects and compositing.
- Providing original pre-production design concepts for pitches, including style frames, storyboards, and mood boards.
- Working independently and with multidisciplinary teams to contribute throughout all phases of a project, from conception to completion.
- Seeking out emerging trends, techniques and technologies.
- Contributing to our collaborative and high energy culture.
- A minimum of 5 years of professional experience in 3D animation or minimum 3 years with a Master's degree
- Portfolio reflecting production expertise in 3D development including: modeling, texturing, animation, rendering, visual effects and compositing
- Advanced development skills in industry standard 3D tools: Maya, V-ray, Nuke or After Effects
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to convey creative ideas within a collaborative environment
- Advanced skills in texturing with Mari and visual effects with Houdini, Fume FX or Phoenix
- Experience converting engineering data to fully-textured polygon models
- Working knowledge of hardware and/or GPU rendering and render management with Dispatch
- Strong ideation and storyboarding skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced and dynamic environment with multiple deadlines
- Exceptional relationship-building, problem-solving and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively across organizational boundaries
- Experience with a world-class agency or production house
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.