Major Duties and Responsibilities listed may include, but are not limited to the following:
- The teacher plans for student success based on assessed needs of individual students and the use of data and information to determine each student’s current knowledge and skill level, set student learning goals, and assess student progress
- The teacher works collaboratively in a professional learning community with other teachers, support staff, and others as appropriate, in addressing the needs of students, developing effective teaching and assessment practices, and implementing these best practices.
- The teacher maintains and provides reasonable and meaningful student grading and evaluation consistent with school and district policy and regularly and effectively communicates such information to students and parents. Reporting may include regular posting to and maintenance of electronic grade systems with parent and student access.
- The teacher integrates district approved and/or required technology into planning, learning, progress reporting, and required record-keeping activities.
- The teacher creates, communicates, and maintains classroom management practices that effectively engage students in the learning process. Acceptable student behavior and related discipline procedures are well understood by students and consistently enforced to maintain a positive learning environment. The teacher is constantly observant of the needs and challenges of students and promptly engages an administrator or appropriate educational staff associates when the teacher suspects or reasonably believes that a student is at risk or in danger due to such issues as bullying, misconduct, or academic failure. The teacher serves as a positive role model for students and practices the behaviors that are expected of students.
- The teacher assists in the supervision of students in school activities and events. The teacher remains vigilant of students throughout the school day and the school location, taking the initiative to engage students when students are acting inappropriately or in inappropriate locations for the time of day.
Michigan Department of Education Certified (K-5)
NWEA (MAP) Testing
Marzano Instructional Framework
Job Type: Full-time