Are you ready to live at the beach? :Are you a beach enthusiast looking for your next adventure? Do you enjoy helping people? Are you a natural leader?
Kitty Hawk Kites has been teaching the world to fly since 1974. We sell clothing, kites, watersports equipment, toys - anything you need for your next adventure! KHK operates in 7 states, with over 25 locations along the east coast! We strive to be the leading company in adventure recreation and retailing, by building a reputation for fun, and excellence through dedication to customer service, quality, safety, and value.
As a leading employer on the Outer Banks for over 40 years, Kitty Hawk Kites is looking to add 2 new experienced, energetic Retail Store Managers:
to our Corolla, North Carolina locations! There are opportunities in both our Kitty Hawk Kites Store:
and Kitty Hawk Surf Co. Store. :
This position is very important to the overall operation of Kitty Hawk Kites. This job maximizes customer and and staff satisfaction, and is responsible for helping maintain company policies and procedures. In order to be successful, one must keep in touch with the Retail Operations Manager (ROM), letting him/her know of any changes needed or problems to be aware of. This position will understand and bring to life the company vision, mission, and values to associates.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Include the following (other duties may be assigned) -
Education and Experience:
- Operate within KHK Inc. core values, mission, and purpose statement
- Careful selection and training of staff
- Maintaining correct amount of staff during various seasons and holidays
- Attending appropriate company functions and/or meetings
- Maintaining the stores clean, safe, and attractive environment
- Opening & closing reports
- Sales documentation and reports
- Transfer forms and packing slips
- - Maintaining stock levels - check to see if items are back-stocked or available from another store
- Making sure money is deposited daily
- Keeping up with maintenance needs and make sure the store is kept up and taken care of
- Assist buyer with feedback and current trends
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. In most cases this position will be indoors in a climate controlled environment. There are occasions when work outdoors will be necessary, when this happens one can expect to deal with the natural elements. The noise level in this position is moderate.
About 1/3 of one's time will be spent climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, or crawling. 1/3 to 2/3 of one's time will be spent standing, walking, sitting, and reaching. Expect to lift up to 25 lbs. Some other physical demands come from continuous computer work, cash register work, sales floor work, events work, and mail order work.
Kitty Hawk Kites, Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer.