- Manage and execute entire projects from start to finish including cross-functional project management, data gathering and manipulation, analysis and modeling, and communication of insights and recommendations.
- Demonstrate a high degree of originality and creativity when developing solutions to improve existing business processes within supply chain utilizing methods such as statistical analysis, regression modeling and optimization.
- Work independently to manage multiple projects at once while ensuring deadlines are met and data output is accurate and appropriate for the business. Must also be able to deal with ambiguity and make independent decisions about what data and approach is best for the task at hand.
- Build scalable and complex supply chain models and processes to optimize supply chain strategies with goals to deliver excellent customer experience while balancing operating cost and asset efficiency.
- Identify areas of opportunity and drive results partnering with cross functional partners
- Lead cross-functional teams through end-to-end project lifecycle
- Develop relationships with Wal-Mart functional areas in San Bruno, CA, as well as in Bentonville, AR, to identify best practices, solicit input/data, coordinate inter-disciplinary initiatives and to gather support for recommendations
- Obtain alignment from relevant business partners and management support for projects and lead discussions to drive change
- Effectively organize, assemble, and use all available resources when given a project to ensure success.
- Communicates clearly and persuasively via email, verbally, and presentations. Tailor communications to the appropriate level audience and modify approach as needed for maximum impact. Excels in communicating with individuals and groups and to all levels in the organization.
- Potential projects can include:
- Create models to analyze the supply chain network need to support future sales growth with scenario modeling capabilities to understand the sensitivity to multiple variables; provide insight to Logistics executives on opening, closing, or repurposing DCs; analyze impact to multiple networks simultaneously; and create scenario analyses extending beyond the five-year modeling horizon
- Develop optimization logic and tool to determine truckload lane strategy for outbound transportation balancing cost and SLA requirements
- Develop logic and tool to determine optimal share of volume to process in various customer buying channels in the company balancing inventory availability, capacity, cost, and service level requirements
- MBA with heavy analytics focus and/or Master’s degree in math, statistics, operations research, or related quantitative discipline such as engineering or supply chain management
- 5+ years successfully leading business analysis projects to achieve business-impacting results through analytics and reengineering existing processes
- Ability to drive successful partnerships with cross-functional teams to improve existing business processes, execute strategic initiatives, and develop project roadmaps
- Demonstrated analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to build innovative complex models to illustrate various scenarios of supply chain flows to compare KPIs
- Experience with statistical analysis, regression modeling, data mining, financial analysis, and optimization.
- Expert in MS-Excel and SQL
- Proficient in MS-PowerPoint and comfortable building presentation materials to tell a clear story
- Capacity to communicate complex concepts in easy-to-understand terminology
- Effective communication skills at multiple levels of the organization, including management and cross-functional groups
- Works effectively both independently and as a member of a cross functional team
- Strong follow-through skills and acute attention to detail
- Ability to champion ideas and influence the organization with fact-driven recommendations and clear communication
- Foster and maintain Wal-Mart's four core values:
- Act with Integrity
- Respect for the Individual
- Service to our Customers
- Strive for Excellence
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- PhD in Operations Research, Industrial Engineering, Operations Management or Supply Chain Management
- Experience with large data set mining tools and open-source programming tools, (e.g., R, Python, HiveQL, Spark)
- Experience with network modeling tools (e.g. Llamasoft Supply Chain Guru), network optimization and long range planning is a plus
- Experience in supply chain domains and related information systems – distribution/transportation, sourcing, planning, manufacturing and inventory management
- Six Sigma and PMP certification
- Retail e-commerce industry experience
The Walmart eCommerce team is rapidly innovating to evolve and define the future state of shopping. As the world’s largest retailer, we are on a mission to help people save money and live better. With the help of some of the brightest minds in technology, merchandising, marketing, supply chain, talent and more, we are reimagining the intersection of digital and physical shopping to help achieve that mission.
The Manager/Senior Manager, Supply Chain Strategy & Analytics will lead various projects that deliver future operational strategies across Walmart’s Omni-Channel Supply Chain. The successful candidate will be primarily responsible for leading senior executive-sponsored projects, and creating strategic operational improvements to scale Walmart’s rapidly growing e-commerce business. This role is part of the Walmart eCommerce Supply Chain Strategy & Analytics team – a future-focused, action-biased, data-driven department chartered with improving all aspects of the supply chain from network design to inbound/outbound transportation and multi-channel initiatives by leveraging big data. This is a high impact and high visibility role within the organization with expectations to deliver immediate results.