We are looking for a successful and enthusiastic event planner to produce events from conception to completion. This person will be the primary point of contact for events, responsible for providing outstanding customer service and organizing memorable events that meet quality expectations.
Responsibilities (Included but are not limited to):
- Travel to and lead onsite management of all events
- Manage all project delivery elements within the timelines
- Initiative and lead event planning: Initiate calls/meetings with involved parties, take minutes during planning meetings, manage action items and ensure follow-up from all parties involved.
- Organize facilities and manage all event details such as decor, catering, entertainment, transportation, location, invitee list, special guests, equipment, promotional material etc.
- Coordinate and communicate professionally with vendors, exhibitors, and stakeholders during event planning
- Manage registration processes and deadlines for all events
- Manage event set up, tear down and follow-ups
- Cooperate with marketing and PR to promote and publicize an event
- Establish standardized event procedures and train staff and volunteers on proper execution
- Prepare detailed outlines of each event, communicate these to all constituents and stakeholders well in advance of the event, including audience-specific details
- Adhere to event budget. This includes market research to find cost-saving opportunities without reducing the quality of the event and negotiating contracts
- Conduct pre- and post-event evaluations, track event key performance areas, and identify items to work on for future events; report on outcomes
- Maintain a database of contractors and venues and key contact information
- Welcome all guests and proactively handle any arising issues, troubleshoot any emerging problems on the event day
- Develop and maintain documentation of team policies and processes as it relates to the specified events.
- Propose ideas to improve provided services and event quality
- Manage scholarship program for the Annual Conference. Create the scholarship application, track applications, and deadlines, maintain communication with applicants, and manage registration and/or reimbursement for scholarship awardees.
- Must be able to work as a team member in a fast-paced office environment
- Ability to travel to multi-day events, including nights, throughout the year.
- Strong organizational skills including attention to detail and ability to multi-task
- Time management skills and ability to prioritize a large volume of tasks
- Self-motivation, enthusiasm and willingness to learn
- Ability to effectively collaborate internally and externally to achieve organizational goals
- Strong interpersonal skills including experience building and maintaining relationships with a diverse network of individuals and organizations
- Great customer services skills
- A project management mindset. Strong attention to detail. Ability to deftly manage competing priorities and switch from micro/macro and short/long term thinking quickly and effectively
- Experience coordinating large-scale events
- Familiarity with event registration software
- Ability to work under strict deadlines
Ability to walk, sit, use hands, handle, or feel. Reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. Need the ability to move around the office and type on a computer. The employee may be required to lift up to 25 pounds. Work is performed at a desk in an office setting and on-site events locations.
Submit a resume detailing your experience and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org