United States,New Jersey,Warren
Citi's SIRT Incident Management Team is a global team that manages all information security incidents for Citigroup and its affiliates with team members located globally. As a member of the Security Incident Management (SIM) Team, you will participate in overseeing the SIRT process globally to provide oversight of emergency response to information security incidents to quickly identify, respond, and mitigate the risk from Information Security incidents that impact the firm.
The Security Incident Workflow Specialist will provide the information and guidance needed to strengthen our SIM processes and add value to SIM Leads and also our clients, customers, managers, staff, and the ISO community. Increasing visibility and ensuring proper staffing levels could very well improve recruiting and retention.
- Assist in increasing efficiency with well documented regionally consistent and repeatable processes, targeted metrics, updated training materials and deep dive discussions.
- Enabling continuous risk reduction by using quality metrics to discover control gaps.
- Assist in strengthening our business processes by providing the proper data for senior manager consumption in order for evaluation of staffing or quality inefficiencies. Providing Managers and executives with the proper information to enable them to lower risks by making better decisions.
- Assist in simplifying our processes with enhanced documentation and organized SharePoint.
- Assist in recognizing issues and looking for opportunities by discussing issues with individual SIM Leads during weekly regional deep dive calls and IM Team Meetings.
- Assist in providing insight into the quality of our SIRT processing, both at the individual and Manager level. Providing a consistent message to all staff with properly updated Internal documentation. Managing the role of the CSIM Trainers and their efforts to train both SIM Leads and the ISO community.
- Assist in increasing the visibility into our environment to assist managers in responding quickly to concerns. Blending any new SLA requirements into the data should help pinpoint any bottlenecks and help determine the proper staff levels required to meet the desired level of timeliness and risk mitigation.
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi’s Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients’ and the public’s trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop to are widely available to all.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years working in an Incident Response role with experience in examining suspicious/malicious network events, analyzing malicious code/exploits, and system/network forensics.
- Extensive years working in IT/IT security, preferably a 24x7 operational environment, or educational equivalent.
- Experience in security aspects of multiple platforms, operating systems, software, communications and network protocols or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Understanding of networking protocols and infrastructure designs; including routing, firewall functionality, host and network intrusion detection/prevention systems, encryption, load balancing, and other network protocols.
- Experience with Reverse Engineering malicious code and Web/Network Penetration Testing is a plus.
- Experience with Databases, SQL knowledge is a plus.
- Experience writing Perl, Python, scripting, programming, or other languages is a plus.
- Experience administering and troubleshooting operating systems, including Solaris, Linux, and Microsoft Windows Server is a plus.
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) certified/qualified or ability to actively work towards obtaining certification.
- Certified GIAC Certified Incident Handler (GCIH) or demonstrated skills and ability to obtain certification.
- Excellent communication skills, analytical ability, strong judgment and leadership skills, and the ability to work effectively with clients and IT management and staffs.
- Ability to communicate technical issues to technical and non-technical business representatives.
- Ability to understand strategic objectives and vision, and work towards those goals.
- Dedicated and self-driven desire to research current information security landscape.
- Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
- Valuing Diversity: Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organizational success.
Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer