Lettieri & Co. is a specialty food importer and distributor, servicing retail, food service and distributors across the United States. As a family-owned business, our commitment is to providing superior quality products with exceptional packaging. Our line of exclusive house brands, grocery, food service, and wine is sourced directly from the producer, ensuring low costs and maximized profitability.
Reporting to the Supply Chain Manager, we are seeking a Purchasing & Inventory Control Coordinator responsible for identifying the products that are to be purchased, communicating with suppliers, confirming all aspects of pricing, confirming all deliveries and maintaining an inventory control database.
- Prepare daily and weekly purchase orders based on customer and/or business demand.
- Forward purchase orders to suppliers with specific requirements.
- Monitor shipments to ensure that product arrives on time and follow-up on undelivered product.
- Liaise with Warehouse on scheduled deliveries.
- Communicate with suppliers and transportation service providers.
- Work closely with Accounts Payable to ensure billing accuracy.
- Respond to general inquiries and inform sales people of delays and/or problems.
- Monitor inventory levels as products are issued, transferred between warehouse facilities or sold to the public using manual or computerized inventory systems.
- Compile inventory reports, recording the quantity, type and value of products on hand, using manual or computerized inventory systems.
- Perform inventory cycle counts, spot counts, and month end reconciliation process and research any variances.
- Maintain stock rotation and dispose of and account for outdated products.
- Assist Supply Chain management to achieve customer order fill rate targets and minimize risk of short code product.
- Provide general operations support.
- A College diploma or equivalent
- 1-2 years of related experience
- Proven knowledge in purchasing and inventory control
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational skills and verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work effectively with other departments and with external suppliers
- Proficient in computerized inventory systems, Excel, and word processing
- Knowledge in database management, analyzing and reporting data regarding inventory issues, results, trends, and solutions an asset
- Experience in the food industry an asset
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted at this time. Preference will be given to applicants residing in the local San Francisco Bay Area. No agency inquiries please.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $19.00 /hour
- Inventory Management/Purchasing: 1 year (Required)