Homebound is aiming to rebuild the 8,000 homes lost in the recent California fires. We offer a complete solution for homeowners, helping with insurance claims and matching them with licensed, vetted contractors from out-of-region that can rebuild their home at below-market cost on expedited timelines.
As an accountant you will be responsible for GL functions including designing and executing month end close processes and reconciliations as well as helping run the day to day operation of the accounting function. As part of a fast growing team, you will have the opportunity to lay the foundation for the finance / accounting functions, including process, policy development and documentation You will have the chance to serve as a key contributor to a high growth environment and strengthen your understanding of both operational and technical accounting processes. We are looking for a problem solver who can see the big picture while focusing on the details.
What You'll Do:
- Accounts Payable - code and enter vendor and expense invoices, reconcile vendor statements, run checks
- Sales and Accounts Receivable - record and upload store and online sales transactions, including credit card payments received, prepare bank deposits
- Banking - handle all of a company's banking needs, including reconciling monthly bank statements and monitoring cash flow
- General Ledger- ensure that the correct general ledger accounts are debited or credited accordingly, basic financial statements
- Reach out to vendors regarding any billing inquiries
- Ensure payments are done in a timely manner to vendors
- Provide administrative support for construction draws and the tracking and coordination of vendor and subcontractor invoices
- Manage monthly project bills, ensuring accurate cost coding, as well as entering in contracts approved by the Project Manager and entering bills against the contracts
- Manage document history on multiple, concurrent projects, enforcing office standards and protocols.
Who You Are:
- 2-3 years experience as a Bookkeeper/Accountant doing: Accounts payable, Accounts Receivable, Banking and General Ledger
- Proficiency in QuickBooks, Microsoft Word, and Excel required
- Experience with Co-Construct & AirTable
- Familiarity with construction or real estate development industry
- Familiarity/ exposure to contract review process and construction job cycle
- Ability to work flexibly, proactively and collaboratively
- Strong communication skills
- High attention to detail
- Thrives in a fast pace environment
- Dependable, trustworthy, team player with a strong work ethic.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize work accordingly
What You'll Get:
- Competitive salaries and equity
- Full health, dental, vision, and long-term disability insurance
- Commuter benefits
- A flexible vacation policy
Homebound is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law. Atomic considers all qualified applicants in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $60,000.00 to $85,000.00 /year
- accounting: 2 years (Required)
- Santa Rosa, CA (Preferred)