Job Description Summary
MAXIMUS is a leading operator of government health and human services programs and has partnered with state, federal and local governments to provide critical, high quality health and human service programs to a diverse array of communities. Operating under MAXIMUS’s founding mission of Helping Government Serve the People® since 1975, MAXIMUS Federal Services is entirely focused on helping government agencies run programs cost-effectively and serve program constituents with improved outcomes. By being a responsible steward for government programs, we help the federal government deliver on its promises through our people, process and technology. Our focus is always on outcomes and results that connect citizens more effectively with government services.
The Sr. Director/Program Manager should be able to respond quickly to operational project-related issues and initiatives that require project management oversight. Ensure that project management processes and procedures utilized on the program adhere to MAXIMUS policies, standards and systems. In addition, the Program Manager will also work closely with the other groups such as IT services, Contracts, Finance, Human Capital, Training, Quality, Security and others to ensure the delivery of integrated projects and programs.
Employment is contingent upon contract award.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serves as expert on matters involving the Support Contract and assist in establishing policy as it relates to the successful completion of the contract
- Serves as the principal adviser to OPM on all aspects of the Support Contract
- Approves and oversees the implementation of new contracts or modifications to existing contracts, to supply necessary services as needed
- Implements procedures relating to the investigative program, and provides operational and policy guidance
- Plans, directs, provides guidance, controls and evaluates for the efficient and cost effective operations of the carrying out of the Support Contract duties
- Responsible for analysis, development, implementation, maintenance and periodic evaluation of group activities
- Ensures a consistent recruiting effort to perform to contract standards to include for example full time, part time, job sharing, internships, wage and hour staff, and contract staff
- Ensures process and procedures established for operational volume surges and ability to handle staffing fluxuations
- Ensures development of comprehensive process documentation and training materials
- Ensures a comprehensive training program that will ensure staff is trained and cross trained
- Provides comprehensive communication to inform the workforce and OPM as it relates to the Support Contract
- Ensures stable program startup, ensues efficient operation and mitigates transition and operational risk
- Establishes independent quality management structure to ensure unbiased evaluation and reporting
- Monitors progress in meeting goals and service level commitments and coordination with financial areas as needed to meet and enhance program goals
Education and Experience Requirements
Additional Requirements as per contract/client:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university, or equivalent experience required
- Master’s Degree from an accredited college or university, or equivalent experience preferred
- Experience in government contracts
- PMP certification preferred
- At least five (5) to eight (8) years of progressive management experience and 10+ years of project management experience
- Proven ability to deliver projects on-time and on-budget using industry accepted project management methodology
- Experience managing projects with staff in excess of 300 people
- Broad applied knowledge and experience of IT application development methods and standards and operational service delivery methods and practices
- Deep knowledge of and expertise in applying project management methodology, tools and techniques and software development methods and approaches and operational service delivery methods and practices. Solid working knowledge of and expertise in risk management, configuration management, disaster recovery and quality assurance
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects as required
- Experienced leadership skills, including delegation, motivation, negotiation, coaching, and conflict management
- Mathematical, analytical, deductive reasoning, and problem solving aptitude
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Proven time management ability to exercise flexibility and judgment
- Strong customer/client service focus
- Candidates must be able to obtain and maintain a federal security clearance
- Candidates must be a United States citizen
Directs and controls the activities of one or more functional areas, divisions, product groups or service areas through senior managers who have overall responsibility for the successful operation of those assigned areas.
Consistently works with abstract ideas or situations across functional areas of the business.
Through assessment of intangible variables, identifies and evaluates fundamental issues, providing strategy and direction for major functional areas.
Requires in-depth knowledge of the functional area, business strategies, and the company’s goals.
Interacts internally and externally with executive level management, requiring negotiation of extremely critical matters.
Reports to VP level.
Active military service members, their spouses, and veteran candidates often embody the core competencies MAXIMUS deems essential, and bring a resiliency and dependability that greatly enhances our workforce. We recognize your unique skills and experiences, and want to provide you with a career path that allows you to continue making a difference for our country. We’re proud of our connections to organizations dedicated to serving veterans and their families. If you are transitioning from military to civilian life, have prior service, are a retired veteran or a member of the National Guard or Reserves, or a spouse of an active military service member, we have challenging and rewarding career opportunities available for you. A committed and diverse workforce is our most important resource. MAXIMUS is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. MAXIMUS provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disabled status.