At Lottery.com, we're assembling a world-class team of brilliant minds, resourceful doers and creative problem-solvers with a 'find a way or make a way' attitude. Founded in 2015 and based in Austin, Texas, Lottery.com is creating the next generation of lottery ticket sales & ticket management systems. We make playing and redeeming lottery tickets more convenient, secure and intelligent through our mobile app and online platform and we're looking to grow our team across key regions in the United States.
Lottery.com's Director of Human Resources is responsible for human resources strategies by establishing department accountabilities, employment processing, health and welfare benefits, training and development, records management, safety and health, succession planning, employee relations and retention, AA/EEO compliance, and labor relations.
We are looking for high caliber people who share the following core characteristics:
Resilient marathoners who finish what they start and love tackling problems of all sizes. We take critical feedback and push through to get the job done.
Data-driven, analytical and exhaustive in decision making. We take in the evidence, integrate information from multiple sources quickly, draw conclusions and take actions - quickly.
We leave our egos at home, we challenge each other, and we work together to find the best solutions, every day, day in and day out.
We sign up for the hard stuff and take ownership to see it through. We make lemonade out of lemons when we have to and don't let attitude get in the way of getting it done. When you apply to this role, please tell us something interesting about yourself in the body of your email.
Most of us dork out over non-work related topics at a ridiculous level of detail, because that's how we're wired. We're naturally inquisitive, ask tough questions and aren't afraid to ruffle feathers to find better answers.
We're transparent and honest because that's the right way to treat other people. Integrity is the basis of trust, and trust is everything when you're creating the future together.
- Enhances the department and organization's reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value
- Guides management and employee actions by researching, developing, writing, and updating policies, procedures, methods, and guidelines; communicating and enforcing organization values
- Responsible for overseeing the execution and effectiveness of the new hire onboarding process. Ensuring each step meets the needs of the company, each department, and the new hire
- Responsible for internal communications and employee relations. Including creating and implementing policies, procedures and endeavors to help increase employees' job satisfaction
- Responsible for monitoring employee engagement. Including strategies, reports, implementing solutions, performance review policies and procedures
- Host training sessions and continuing education for Managers and Executives on employee retention, employee happiness, employee engagement, leading teams, management tools, and effective communication
- Leverage management tools that identify, align, and build on the business's human capital capabilities in order to achieve overall business results and reach desired targets. Keep up with the latest industry trends and best practices
- Administer employee health and welfare plans including enrollments, changes, and terminations. Liaison between employees and insurance providers. Resolving benefits-related problems
- Knowledge of AA/EEO compliance and labor relations. Work with the Finance Department and outside resources to ensure company compliance
- Oversee and effectively implement plans related to HR programs, Fringe Benefits, Leave Policies, and Continuing Education for Employees
- Responsible for managing and mentoring the Human Resources Administrator
- Oversee deliverables and workflow of Human Resources Administrator to accomplish department goals and tasks
- Direct work and maintain the schedule for the Human Resources Administrator
- At least 5-7 years Human Resources experience in an organization of 50-100 employees
- Experience in an organization with offices and employees in multiple states
- Excellent communication, leadership and planning skills
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or related field
- Excellent knowledge of employee retention, employee happiness, and employee engagement
- Diligent and firm with high ethical standards. Full understanding of how an organization operates to meet its objectives
- Ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality