Supervise a team of Tier I and Tier II technicians in providing help desk services for a DoD client. Ensure the team meets or exceeds contract and performance expectations, defined metrics, and service-level agreements (SLA). Oversee the technical and management escalation of issues in accordance with standard operating procedures (SOP). Provide technical solutions that are highly creative and provide thought leadership and insight. Assign personnel to various operations and direct their activities, review and evaluate their work, and prepare performance reports. Identify performance gaps and act to resolve challenges. Manage stakeholder expectations through direct client interfacing and build relationships across multiple DoD teams and agencies.
- 3+ years of experience in a help desk technician or help desk leadership role
- Experience with the use of IT Service Management (ITSM) tools and tracking software, including BMC Remedy or ServiceNow
- Experience with monitoring or managing a help desk phone queue
- Experience with installing, configuring, troubleshooting, and maintaining hardware and software
- Experience with working and multi-tasking in a fast-paced work environment and leading a team of 15+ technicians across multiple sites
- Ability to attend weekly meetings, provide technical solutions, and recommend courses of action (COAs)
- Ability to create and maintain comprehensive documentation for all troubleshooting procedures and move or replace computer equipment to support office moves and malfunctioning devices, as requested
- Active TS/SCI clearance
- HS diploma or GED
- DoD 8570 IAT Level II Certification, including CompTIA Security+
- Experience with monitoring a team’s workload and ensuring proper staffing levels are met
- Experience with using Microsoft Office
- Experience in interfacing with Tier III teams to escalate and resolve technical issues and incident tickets
- Knowledge of network and networking devices
- Possession of excellent oral and written communication skills
- Possession of excellent interpersonal skills
- BA or BS degree in Information Systems or equivalent experience
- Computing Environment (CE) Certifications for the operating systems or security-related tools and devices they support, as required
- ITIL v3 or ITIL Intermediate Certification
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information; TS/SCI clearance is required.
We’re an EOE that empowers our people—no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected characteristic—to fearlessly drive change.