PGE Developer needed - Location:
Jet Propulsion Laboratory - Pasadena, CA
Raytheon/JPL is looking for a PGE Developer (EISOC148927BR) to work on multiple missions for our JPL/NASA customer. You will work for GeoLogics Corporation onsite at the JPL offices in Pasadena, CA. This is a long-term contract position and the hourly rate is OPEN.
You must be a US Citizen or Green Card Holder to apply.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Work with the MAIA Science Data System (SDS) development team, the MAIA Instrument Operations System (IOS) development team and interface with the MAIA Science team to support Surface Particulate Matter (PM) Monitor network data acquisition and software development.
- Developing data adapters that will access surface data monitoring networks all over the world for both continuous and speciated atmospheric particulate matter. The data acquired will be reformatted and used to populate a Postgres DB for use in MAIA Level 2 & Level 4 processing.
- Generate software for Instrument Planning and Commanding tools that incorporate targeting requests, ingest spacecraft ephemeris, resolves target conflicts, and determines gimbal pointing created timelines of activities and daily/weekly observation plans.
- Will be
main developer, integrator and tester of Python-based scripts and tools, which integrate the execution of multiple Python and C/C++ routines and libraries.
- Will be responsible for working with MAIA system engineering and science teams to provide the necessary infrastructure, processes, and software engineering discipline to enable the seamless execution of PGEs.
- Strong development skills with Python
- Experience in development of applications in Python3 and C/C++ in Linux environment.
- Experience in development of scripts in Python, bash or csh to automate tasks in Linux environment.
- Docker, Kubernetes container orchestration / development for
integration with OpenShift framework.
- Git revision control system, JIRA, and Continuous Integration (CI - Jenkins).
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Proven ability to deal with multiple issues, tasks and priorities.
Experience in Amazon Web Services, S3, EC2, Lambda, Athena, etc.
Experience in agile development process, continuous integration, and automated testing
Experience in distributed system architecture, web services, SOA, and micro services
Education (including Major) / Work Experience:
- Experience with OGC standards such as WMS, WMTS
- Experience with GIS software such as ArcGIS, QGIS, and GDAL
- Instrument telemetry or instrument operations experience working with ephemeris and attitude data.
- Familiarity with atmospheric retrieval chemistry.
- Web data scraping for atmospheric data sites.
- SPICE experience or time conversion experience.
- HDF5 and ISO standards experience.
- Experience working with science teams.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
BS degree in Computer Science with a minimum of 6 years of related experience.
The position is located in Pasadena CA
If interested in learning more about this position, please email your resume to KDunkin@geologics.com and I will call back with more information.