- Driver's License
- First Aid Certification
- Supervising Experience
- CPR Certification
- Paid Time Off
- Vision Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Loan Repayment Program
- Life Insurance
The Shift Coordinator serves as navigator of services for guests by creating a recovery opportunity for everyone. Uses Recovery Coaching to maximize the opportunity to create recovery partnerships and a recovery environment. Provides coaching and support to other members of the team. Promotes a No-Force-First environment that supports the Recovery Pathways. Responsible for monitoring the administrative needs of assigned shift including utilization and capacity management, supplies, meals and maintenance requirements. Acts as an advocate for the needs and rights of every person.
Duties include (but are not limited to):
1. In partnership with the person being served, develops a recovery service plan and uses Recovery Coaching to engage each participant in his or her individual recover journey.
a) Assists participants in identifying their hopes and dreams and the solutions they are seeking by using the Recovery Coaching process to develop and record an individualized Recovery and Wellness plan
c) Documents information and service provided in electronic data base assuring continuity of the service record and as a tool for communication with other team members.
d) Ensures completion of designated assessments of all guests brought to the facility, developing plans and recovery solutions in partnership with the participant.
2. Partners with the participant to obtain collateral information from the person’s support team such as family members, friends, case manager and other area programs, based on the person’s preferences.
3. Obtains details of Advance Directives such as Mental Healthcare Power of Attorney and WRAP crisis plans to partner with the person to design and plan care.
a) Provides information to each person served about their legal status, their service options, the process of care such as next and subsequent steps, including legal proceedings, rights.
4. Determines a provisional diagnosis, obtains documentation of medical necessity and submits authorizations for service in a timely fashion.
a) Meets with team to communicate information obtained, communicate the preferences of the person being served, and offer recommendation concerning plan of service and plan of discharge.
b) In partnership with the person, serves as advocate with other agencies and service providers, obtaining the most effective recovery-oriented outcome for each individual. Guides the implementation of the discharge plan in partnership with each participant.
c) Either directly or by delegation to other team members, provides Coordination of Care with the participant, natural supports, area programs, community resources, etc.
5. Assures timelines are met for involuntary evaluation, detention, and treatment proceedings.
6. Assures Incident Reports are initiated, completed, reviewed, and submitted according to agency policy.
7. For facility-based program, oversees and implements agency’s capacity management plan.
8. Provides leadership, coaching, and supervision, for all staff on the assigned shifts to create a well functioning team in which each team member fully contributes to creating recovery opportunities and culture.
9. Demonstrates No Force First philosophy by utilizing non-violent verbal de-escalation skills at times and Therapeutic Options physical hold techniques as a last resort.
10. Supervises the personnel assigned to the shift. Provides training and coaching for quality work product.
11. Participates in at least 48 hours of training in the first 12 months of employment, and at least 24 hours of training every 12 months thereafter and maintain all annual training requirements.
Education, Licenses and Experience
Master’s Degree in a field related to Behavioral Health
Two (2) years of supervisory experience
Mental Health Screener Certificate preferred
Excellent computer skills
Additional Requirements, Certifications and Qualifications
Successful completion of Recovery Innovations, Inc. Peer Employment Training upon hire.
Therapeutic Options (TO) physical safety intervention training.
Must have current First Aid Certification.
Must have current CPR Certification.
Must have TB test clearance.
Will be required to pass multi-state criminal Background Check.
If driving is required:
Must possess a valid Delaware State driver’s license.
Driving record clearance for the past 12 months as determined by the State Department of Motor Vehicles.
Proof of valid Insurance if using personal vehicle for agency business
Must meet and remain in compliance with all driver eligibility and insurance requirements.
If you are ready to help make a difference in people’s lives and join our team of peer professionals who care, then take the next step and apply now.
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer an excellent benefit package: Bilingual Differentials, Shift Differentials, Medical, HSA, Dental, Vision, and Group Life Insurance, Employer Matching 401k Plan, Employee Perks Program, Employee Assistance Program, Paid Holidays and Generous PTO (paid time off) Program. RI also supports the Federal Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program.
RI is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
All candidates are required to pass a pre-employment substance abuse test before beginning employment, to include the use of recreational marijuana. RI is committed to maintaining a workplace free of the effects of drugs and alcohol for the health, safety and welfare of its employees, their families and our guests.
RI is committed to diversity in the workplace and promotes equal employment opportunities for all applicants and employees. We value a diverse workforce because diversity strengthens our teams and supports our innovative approaches to client engagement creating a healthier atmosphere.
Masters or better.
2 years: Experience working in a program serving people with mental disabilities including supervisory experience.
Licenses & Certifications
Child Protective Registry
TB QuantiFERON Testing