Position Summary/ Primary Purpose
Operate all aspects of purchasing, from quotation, supplier selection, order creation, through to analysis of performance. Contribute to and execute strategies and plans to meet short-term and long-term supply chain goals, direction and policy.
Major Areas of Responsibility
- Manage and operate a fully functional supply chain management infrastructure.
- Order creation and management to satisfy the operational plan, by managing forecasts, and purchase orders to determine type and quantity of materials required, availability of stock, and order priority.
- Operate a robust, data driven system for supplier performance, evaluation and development.
- Act upon the data to improve supplier performance by development, new vendors or re-source.
- Have robust cost control with quotations, contracts and long term supply agreements, for zero invoice variance and minimal price change.
- Review and make recommendations for best performance of purchased services as well as goods.
- Responsible for maintenance and accuracy of material & part data in MRP/ERP system.
- Be an active and contributing member of projects, programs and new business development.
- Proactive communication at all levels to ensure internal and external customers are fully informed of the supply chain status.
- English Language — Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Must be able to read and interpret technical prints, data and work with engineering on design changes and written deviations
Skills & Abilities
- Time Management — Managing one's own time and the time of others.
- Critical Thinking — Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Problem Sensitivity — The ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in related discipline.
- 5-10 years of experience in production control/supply chain management, purchasing, expediting, MRP/ERP systems, quality/continuous improvement initiatives, manufacturing to print, safety practices and MS office applications.
- Evidence of significant contributions to successful business change and improvement.
- Proactive, self-starting leader who can inspire their team, who can manage change and make difficult decisions.
Demonstrated Physical Abilities/Work Environment
Remain stationary for 50% of the time; move/traverse throughout the office to access file cabinets and office equipment; operate a computer and other productivity machinery; inspect documents; communicate with others through talking/hearing; read/identify/assess forms and correspondence.
Authority (to take action/make decisions):
- Responsible for department staff and budget, and therefore all decisions related to this.
- Involved in recommendations to Senior Management and is involved in decision making on projects or programs.
Standards of Performance
- Responsible for managing vendor performance
- Quality >95%
- Delivery >90%
Apply Directly at: https://www.ilmor.com/About/Careers
Job Type: Full-time